Senior Total Rewards Analyst (Remote)
About the role
The Athletic is a direct-to-consumer digital sports media company committed to helping subscribers experience storytelling in a whole new way. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, The Athletic has over 500 full-time employees and covers more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams in the US, Canada and the UK. The Athletic’s newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth articles along with more than 120 podcasts and premium video content. The Athletic is a remote-friendly company as we have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Melbourne.
About this Role
The Senior Total Rewards Analyst specializing in compensation and benefits will play a major role in the build of all total rewards programs at The Athletic. They will own the maintenance and facilitation of the program, including processes, resources, training and tools to continually improve the employee experience. This role supports the People & Talent team as well as Executive and Newsroom Leadership to maintain a data driven, high performing workforce. As a senior program analyst, this individual will interact with various stakeholders across HQ and the Newsroom to drive program efforts. Reporting into People Operations, the ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented, analytical and process driven.
This is a full-time role with competitive salary and benefits.
- Partner with the Director of People Operations to build and maintain global total rewards, including annual benefits renewal, compensation benchmarking, and total rewards administration, processes and resources.
- Support administration of the compensation process during performance reviews in multiple countries and local markets across multiple verticals; partner closely with Senior Director of Talent to ensure timely Newsroom compensation execution.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to create and maintain job descriptions ensuring accuracy and compliance; evaluate, benchmark, and market price jobs.
- Be a total rewards subject matter expert, providing insights into HQ and Newsroom compensation, implementing total rewards best practices, and keeping up to date on all applicable labor laws and regulations.
- Assist with total rewards program builds and iterations, including conducting analyses, assessing and identifying risks, and partnering with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Perform in depth program analysis, research and evaluation utilizing data, stakeholder feedback and program focus groups. Prepare and present analytical reports to drive total rewards strategies with People & Talent leadership.
- Maintain and identify areas to optimize for our internal tools and systems associated with compensation and benefits data; strategize, recommend and implement solutions.
- Create various compensation and benefits tools. Lead the People Operations team to continually update and maintain internal tools, standardized operating procedures, and other training collateral.
- Complete all applicable total rewards filings, audits, testings, forms, system automations, etc. to maintain global compliance.
- Contribute to and/or lead special projects and additional areas of responsibility as necessary.
- Ensure ad hoc People Operations reporting and analysis requests are completed.
- Assist with the vendor relationship for total rewards, including new system/benefits implementation and transition.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 to 6 years of experience OR 5+ years of equivalent experience in a People/HR role specializing in total rewards analysis and/or administration.
- Traditional compensation experience is a must. Benefits analysis experience a plus.
- Experience working in a distributed workforce with multiple locations and/or in a remote environment a must.
- Comfortable streamlining processes and managing total rewards data for high volumes of employees.
- Meticulous, organized, and a proactive mindset are essential.
- Self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Capable of taking ownership of issues, analyzing the root cause and delivering solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel skills a must.)
- Experience with various HR systems (HR reporting, benefits portals, etc.)
The Company is backed by Founders Fund, Evolution Media, Courtside Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Bedrock Capital, Advancit Capital, Y Combinator, and other leading investors. The Athletic is headquartered in San Francisco, California. The Athletic was awarded a 2020 Great Place to Work.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Why you should join The Athletic
The Athletic is a direct-to-consumer digital sports media company committed to helping subscribers experience storytelling in a whole new way. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, The Athletic has over 600 full-time employees and covers more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams in the US, Canada and the UK. The Athletic’s newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth articles along with more than 120 podcasts and premium video content. The Athletic is a remote-friendly company as we have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Melbourne.