Visual Designer, Brand/Marketing (Remote)
About the role
The Athletic is a subscription-based media publisher of smarter sports coverage for die-hard fans. Founded in 2016, The Athletic’s full-time writers, alongside talented contributors and freelancers, have produced thousands of in-depth articles for subscribers free of ads, pop-ups and auto-play videos. With existing coverage in 45 markets and counting across North America, The Athletic is officially expanding into the United Kingdom. Our employees are talented reporters, writers, editors, engineers, designers, marketers, brand strategists and more, who are committed to helping sports fans fall in love with the sports page again.
About the Role
The Athletic is seeking a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary Visual Designer to join our small, but growing team. This role will report to the Director of Brand & Editorial Design and contribute to the brand/marketing, product, and growth teams.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- This role will work closely with the marketing, product, and growth teams to create compelling ideas and developing those ideas into clear design solutions across multiple communication channels.
- A few examples of responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Work with Brand/Marketing Design to help build and maintain a visual system that sets the tone and consistency for the brand.
- Work collaboratively with Product Design to create visual assets that contribute to new and ongoing features.
- Work with Growth Marketing Team to develop ad creative for testing on a weekly basis across multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Display.
- Ability to manage your time across several workstreams.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, etc).
- Proficient in Figma.
- Motion design skills in After Effects or any other motion design software.
- Being a sports fan is a plus (there’s not a better place to work).
- Provide a link to your portfolio or provide work samples as part of the application process to be considered.
The Company is backed by Founders Fund, Evolution Media, Courtside Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Bedrock Capital, Advancit Capital, Y Combinator, and other leading investors. The Athletic is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Why you should join The Athletic
The Athletic is a direct-to-consumer digital sports media company committed to helping subscribers experience storytelling in a whole new way. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, The Athletic has over 600 full-time employees and covers more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams in the US, Canada and the UK. The Athletic’s newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth articles along with more than 120 podcasts and premium video content. The Athletic is a remote-friendly company as we have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Melbourne.