Business Operations Analyst
About the role
The Athletic is a subscription-based media publisher of smarter sports coverage for die-hard fans. Founded in 2016, The Athletic’s full-time writers, alongside talented contributors and freelancers, have produced thousands of in-depth articles for subscribers free of ads, pop-ups and auto-play videos. With existing coverage in 45 markets and counting across North America, The Athletic is officially expanding into the United Kingdom. Our employees are talented reporters, writers, editors, engineers, designers, marketers, brand strategists and more, who are committed to helping sports fans fall in love with the sports page again.
About This Role
We are looking for a Business Operations Analyst to help scale our business. Someone who can develop excellent relationships with stakeholders across the business to drive initiatives to completion. You’ll need to be a self starter and highly collaborative with a passion for developing and executing our business strategy.
• Bachelor's degree (minimum 2:1) or equivalent practical experience
• ~2-4 years experience in an analytical role (e.g. strategy consulting, corporate strategy, and investment banking)
• Experience in consumer internet, media and/or sports industries
• Understanding of subscription business models
• Exceptional communication skills across a range of audience seniority levels
• Experience in financial modeling, and developing presentations (MSOffice/G-Suite)
• Demonstrable business acumen and problem solving skills
• Familiarity with SQL and/or other coding languages (e.g. Python or Java)
• Identify and assess The Athletic’s strategic priorities
• Deliver work through developing hypotheses, translating this into work plans and conducting analysis, including financial models, external market perspectives and drivers, and performance metrics
• Support the leadership team with critical business operations support, including annual planning, and performance tracking
• Evaluate external market opportunities in the form of partnerships and support in their execution
• Work with cross-functional teams globally to align on recommendations, and go-to market plans
• This role is based in London, UK
The Company is backed by Founders Fund, Evolution Media, Courtside Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Bedrock Capital, Advancit Capital, Y Combinator, and other leading investors. The Athletic is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The Athletic Media Company is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. The Athletic will consider all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Why you should join The Athletic
The Athletic is a direct-to-consumer digital sports media company committed to helping subscribers experience storytelling in a whole new way. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, The Athletic has over 600 full-time employees and covers more than 250 professional sports and collegiate teams in the US, Canada and the UK. The Athletic’s newsroom has produced thousands of in-depth articles along with more than 120 podcasts and premium video content. The Athletic is a remote-friendly company as we have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, London, and Melbourne.