Senior Engineer at The Breakaway
About the role
Role: Senior Engineer
Tl:dr - You’re a team player and a full-stack engineer. You are ready to dig in and build with our team. You thrive on a GSD mentality and are passionate about creating amazing experiences for customers while being part of a high-performing team. You’re ready to go.
The Breakaway: Our mission is to help people improve.
We created The Breakaway from a passion for cycling, fitness, building, creating, solving problems, and creating experiences for customers. We anchor on these in everything we do with a focus on experiences at every possible touchpoint. We are here, doing this because we actually care.
What you’ll do
- Day 1, you’ll dig in and help us build.
- Help define and scale our process across product and engineering.
- Collaborate with your teammates to design and develop our platforms and services that run everything from onboarding to distribution to audio and video to fitness data analysis.
- Engage in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of complex services across mobile and web platforms.
- Participate in the active development of an evolving consumer-oriented product that will grow and change rapidly in the coming months and years.
- Be part of, contribute to, help lead, and grow a team of passionate engineers focused on building scalable and delightful products.
- Help manage and develop our Integrations with third-party services such as API partners.
Who you are, or have been
- You are a builder. You thrive on creation and problem-solving.
- You have a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science
- You have at least 6+ years of software development experience across multiple platforms and languages.
- You have lead teams, but you are ready to dig in and build awesome products
- You are an expert in Node, Java, and or Python developer with experience building and tuning server-side applications
- You have experience with Reactive Programming and streaming architectures
- You can demonstrate previous success designing and implementing models for efficiently storing and retrieving data
- You have experience designing, developing, and documenting RESTful APIs
- You have experience building highly scalable, distributed systems in a service-oriented architecture
- You have experience automating deployment procedures and building out scalable infrastructures on services such as AWS or Azure
Who we are. How we roll.
We are looking for diverse, driven, talented people who see problem-solving and creation as oxygen, not just a job. We are reinventing coaching for a digital fitness world and we’re just getting started. We perform like athletes, always looking for ways to improve.
We are not a cycling company. We are not a tech company. We are an experience company and our goal is to help people improve their fitness, and in doing so, improve their life. That is the experience we seek. This is critical on a few levels:
- We care about the experiences we deliver to each other, our customers, our partners, and ourselves. This is core to how we operate.
- We are building technology for digital fitness but we are doing this because better fitness means a better life. "We believe that regardless of skill level — if you can improve your fitness and health, you unlock more opportunities for positive life experiences."
- Success will not be easy and we know this. We embrace this. There are much easier paths to take. There are few that can be more rewarding.
We are a team of experienced builders, backed by some of the best partners in the business (YCombinator, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Zone 5 Ventures, and Goodwater Capital, to name a few). We are building more than just an app, and looking for more than just another teammate. We offer a remote team and are building a culture of execution and camaraderie. We offer healthcare and a growing list of remote benefits that help our team get better, and improve each other's lives. Come help us shape the world of digital fitness.
Why you should join The Breakaway
Our mission is to help people improve.
We created The Breakaway from a lifelong passion for cycling, fitness, building, and creating experiences for customers. We anchor on these in everything we do. We are here, doing this because we actually care.
We are a team of experienced builders (Ex-Strava, Tempo, Google, and Olympics), backed by some of the best partners in the business (YCombinator, General Catalyst, Norwest Venture Partners, Zone 5 Ventures and Goodwater Capital, to name a few). We are building more than just an app, and looking for more than just another teammate. We offer a remote team and are building a culture of execution and camaraderie. Come help us shape the world of digital fitness.