Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the People Operations thought leader, to enable the firm to deliver ambitious goals with our highly-talented team while fostering our culture of innovation, collaboration, learning, and accountability
- Own career development coaching across the firm for high-impact employees, performance management processes, generous benefits programs, and employee relations topics
- Partner with business leaders to design and execute strategies for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain, and organize work
- Create the complete people strategy that will support employees in realizing their professional ambitions
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development, and career pathing
- Manage and administer a competitive benefits programs to enable and encourage productivity and support for our team in their career and life goals
- Make sure the benefits program is well communicated inside and outside of the firm, and ensure that employees are well-served by them
- Manage our high-touch visa, permanent residency, and work authorization sponsorship programs as a strategic benefit
- Work seamlessly with our Head of Recruiting, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Technology Officer, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, and leadership across the firm
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 6 years of People Operations business partnership or generalist experience in technology, financial services, consulting or other industries that have highly-compensated, high-caliber talent
- Demonstrated ability to develop trusted advisor relationships across all levels of an organization
- Experience working with high-performance teams
- Experience managing a broad range of benefits programs
- Experience with equity programs
- Bias towards clarity and transparency
- Strategic understanding and execution of excellent people operations as organizational advantage
- Knowledge of basic U.S. employment law (ie: FMLA and ADA)
- Knowledge of basic work authorization and immigration issues
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends, and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail and organization
- Tech forward and familiarity with collaborative user technology and human capital management systems an advantage – ideally Google Workplace and Rippling
- Bachelor’s degree
- Location in Silicon Valley or New York metropolitan area is a must
- Hybrid work arrangement with in-office, in-person time for at least 2-3 days a week
- Ability to travel to our second office location (NYC or Silicon Valley) at least once-per-quarter
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
Theorem (www.theoremlp.com) is a San Francisco based company at the intersection of technology and finance.
Our mission is to make credit safe and available.
An innovative investment fund with over $1BN+ assets under management, we combine quantitative research -- machine learning and data science, software engineering, and rigorous scientific investigation to build credit portfolios that produce strong and consistent yields across business cycles.
We started our company 6 years ago with seed funding and an investment fund of $50,000, and are now profitable and thriving with 30+ employees.
- Founded in 2013 by a Google software engineer and a Morgan Stanley quant trader, we are seed funded and have become profitable.
- We manage over $1BN+, including investment from non-profits and university endowments.
- We are a small, passionate, and collaborative team -- comprised of research, engineering and finance and operations professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas.
- Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business.
- We deeply value intellectual curiosity, creative idea generation, and close collaboration.
- We seek talented individuals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious and interested in a mission-focused team environment.
- Company events are inclusive and fun, with expeditions to food trucks and Michelin-starred local restaurants, and annual trips to Montana and Stinson Beach featuring hiking and cooking.
- We are located in SoMa in San Francisco, a vigorous 12-minute walk from BART and CalTrain.
- We offer competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment.