About the role
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their own iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proof-of-concepts for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps.
Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT. We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are engineers who wanted to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code. We value creativity, openness, transparency, persistence, and entrepreneurialism.
The company is based in San Francisco. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace helps ensure we learn from each other’s different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Thunkable is an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
About the role
You will add to, fix and maintain features of our product by working on our React based front end, our Node/Express based back end, and our React Native based mobile components.
- You enjoy making hard things look easy to users
- You like to write clean, well abstracted code
- You have strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- You are experienced in as many of the following as possible: React, ExpressJS, GraphQL, Node, React Native, Expo, Kubernetes, iOS, Android
- You might not be experienced in all of these technologies, but you are still awesome and should join our team
- You created a working app on Thunkable
- You have a passion for well designed experiences and good UX
- You have experience and interest in QA/Testing
- You have experience in small startup environments
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Why you should join Thunkable
Thunkable is a drag and drop tool to build native Android and iOS Apps. We’re on a mission to democratize mobile app development and empower everyone to build their own app without ever writing a single line of code.
With the average person spending more than 3 hours a day on mobile phone and 85% of that time in apps, Thunkable wants to empower every person to be able to develop his or her own mobile apps and join one of the largest community of first-time developers building mobile apps.
By 2020, 6 in 10 of us will have smartphones but only 1 in 2000 will have the training to tell our smartphones what to do. At Thunkable, we believe everyone can be a developer, not just those with formal computer science training. We currently have 650K+ users in every country of the world who have built 1.5M+ apps, and that number is growing everyday!
If you are excited by the idea of democratizing mobile app development, love bringing ideas to reality through mobile apps and want to help others to do the same we’d love to talk to you!