Product Manager at Titan
About the role
Problem: Wealth management is *genuinely* terrible. People are either forced to day trade their hard-earned savings (which they often don't have the time/expertise to do) or put it in black-box products like mutual funds (oh - and forget trying to get into elite vehicles). What Robinhood did to eTrade, we're doing to Fidelity (the old school player in the category).
Solution: We're building a direct-to-consumer, premier investment management platform. Over 30,000 users have downloaded Titan and given our investment team nearly $1 billion in assets to invest for them across our in-house, proprietary investment products. They consider us their investment team. Note: our business is as much consumer tech (our courtside seat experience, brand) as it is consumer fintech (investment products, trading tools).
Traction: We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by Silicon Valley heavyweight Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley's best) have told us we're one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Technology companies are People companies. Together, we can make magic happen. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
Joe here (Co-CEO). I've been Titan's de facto product manager since Day 1, but it's time to pass on the reins to someone who can impact our mission much more smartly. This is an incredible role: you'll shape what we work on, be the champion of our users, quarterback our high velocity squads to ship new features, help Titan prioritize big bets vs. low hanging fruit, and more. As Product Manager , you're going to play a really important role inside Titan. Our goal is to have the best Product team in New York - our users are counting on us. Per the above, the current status quo is terrible. But framed positively, we have a world of opportunity.
- Drive outcomes/metrics - Because of you, we achieve better outcomes at Titan (user growth, assets per user, engagement, etc.). The things we ship should impact the Titan mission (hopefully in big ways)
- Be the project management quarterback inside sprints - All eyes on you. You are responsible for ensuring projects are organized, stakeholders are communicating effectively, deadlines are met, the Spec is thorough and complete.
- Be the champion of the user - Because of you, any user related research or data needed to make decisions is successfully incorporated. This could mean different things depending on the project.
- Ideating and prioritizing what to build - You play a significant role in ultimately determining what our squads work on. Brainstorms should be collaborative, with prioritization then determined both via art (judgment, qual research) and science (impact analysis, previous data).
- Driving decisions and playing tie-breaker - This is not a dictatorship. Decisions should be collaborative. However, historically at Titan everyone is too nice & deferential. Your job is to ensure timely decisions are made, and ultimately play tie-breaker.
- Experience: +2-3 years full-stack product experience in a high-performing environment (+4 years relevant professional exp.)
- Project Management: Ability to juggle numerous XFN workstreams & stakeholders, in detail, and drive towards outcomes
- Role fit: Desire to roll up the sleeves and get stuff done (vs. lean back)
- Product Craft: Strong consumer-product instincts, crazy user obsession, solid judgment
- Motivation: Wants to build one of the best consumer tech/fintech products ever
- While we have a bunch of sweet perks below, the best one (I think) is the ability to have an unbelievable day job. You'll wake up with a crazy sense of purpose, no political red tape, and walk into an organization looking to ship the best features ever.
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
We think there's not just one, but multiple AirBnB-sized household brands to be built in Wealth Management. This role is pivotal towards us getting there. Excited to meet you.
Why you should join Titan
Titan is the "Fidelity for millennials and Gen Z." We build, manage, and explain investment funds via our mobile operating system. Anyone who would like Titan to invest their money can download our mobile app, link their bank, and transfer capital. We currently have four investment strategies (3 in equities, 1 in crypto) and will be launching more. Users have described us as "a hedge fund in their pocket."
What Robinhood did to trading, we're aiming to do to actively-managed investing (think: mutual funds and hedge funds).