Investor Relations Associate at Titan
About the role
Titan is a world-class investment firm inside a mobile app, managing over $500 million in assets for 30,000+ clients. Our mission is to build the first premium investment manager for everyone. If Robinhood is the mass market solution, consider us the Apple of our category.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley's best) have told us we're one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
We are looking for an Investor Relations Associate. Investor Relations is key to our mission of increasing our generation's compound growth rate. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms for investor relations and client experience. Our goal is to tech-enable the relationship between client and investment manager, setting clients up for superior investment outcomes and compounding their financial knowledge.
You will work directly with our Investor Relations Lead to help bridge Titan's Research (investment management) and Client Experience (product and technical support) teams, helping drive the most seamless investment experience possible for our clients. Working directly with our Investor Relations Lead, you will help create investment analyses/white papers on Titan strategies and our broader market perspectives, assist with new client onboarding (video/phone calls) and Rollover Concierge (IRA/401K rollovers), participate in bespoke portfolio analysis for clients, create and project-manage investor conference calls/webinars, and collaborate with other Titans (Client Experience, Research, Growth/Marketing, Product/Design).
What You'll Do
- Create written investment research/analysis (e.g. white papers, memos, emails) on Titan investment strategies and the Investment Team's market perspectives
- Conduct bespoke portfolio analysis for clients (e.g., investment allocations, transfer options, portfolio perspectives)
- Assist in day-to-day operations of client onboarding (video/phone calls) and Rollover Concierge (IRA/401K rollovers)
- Plan and participate in investor conference calls and webinars in collaboration with the Research team
- Collaborate with other Titans (Client Experience, Research, Growth/Marketing, Product/Design)
- Respond and resolve client requests and questions via chat, email, and phone
- Escalate client issues and help develop best practices for efficient customer engagement
- 2+ years of experience in an Investor Relations or other client-facing investment management role
- Demonstrated skill and ability to handle assorted client questions and issues related to investing (including asset allocation recommendations, market perspectives, portfolio positioning, etc.)
- Comfortable with high volumes of client interactions (e.g., video/phone calls, large-audience webinars)
- Skilled at troubleshooting technical and investment portfolio/product issues and determining the right questions to ask
- Exceptional written and communication skills along with an acute attention to details
- Proficiency with basic financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with investment management principles, asset allocation frameworks, and quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with Intercom, Zendesk or other customer support platforms
- Bonus: Series 7 plus Series 63 & 65 (or Series 66) licenses
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
Why you should join Titan
Titan is the "Fidelity for millennials and Gen Z." We build, manage, and explain investment funds via our mobile operating system. Anyone who would like Titan to invest their money can download our mobile app, link their bank, and transfer capital. We currently have four investment strategies (3 in equities, 1 in crypto) and will be launching more. Users have described us as "a hedge fund in their pocket."
What Robinhood did to trading, we're aiming to do to actively-managed investing (think: mutual funds and hedge funds).