Engineering Manager at Titan
About the role
Problem: Wealth management is *genuinely* terrible. People are either forced to day trade their hard-earned savings (which they often don't have the time/expertise to do) or put it in black-box products like mutual funds (oh - and forget trying to get into elite vehicles). What Robinhood did to eTrade, we're doing to Fidelity (the old school player in the category).
Solution: We're building a direct-to-consumer, premier investment management platform. Over 30,000 users have downloaded Titan and given our investment team nearly $1 billion in assets to invest for them across our in-house, proprietary investment products. They consider us their investment team. Note: our business is as much consumer tech (our courtside seat experience, brand) as it is consumer fintech (investment products, trading tools).
Traction: We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by Silicon Valley heavyweight Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley's best) have told us we're one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Technology companies are People companies. Together, we can make magic happen. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
Max here (cofounder & CTO). As an Engineering Manager , you're going to play a critical role in the heart of Titan. You'll manage a squad team of engineers that will build, ship, and iterate on core features for our clients. You'll help us build out the engineering team and think about what makes for a best-in-class engineering team. You'll mentor & coach our engineers on how to become the better version of themselves. You'll shape our core product development processes ("companyOS"). Our goal is to have the best Engineering team in New York - our users are counting on us. Per the above, the current status quo is terrible. But framed positively, we have a world of opportunity.
- Drive outcomes/metrics - Because of you, we will achieve better outcomes at Titan by building and shipping features our users love.
- Managing engineering squads & being a technical leader - You'll be responsible for leading engineers inside and outside sprints to build and ship ambitious features on fast timelines.
- Building a best-in-class engineering team - You'll partake in hiring, team design; you'll mentor and coach engineers at Titan so that they can do their best work ever.
- Ideating and prioritizing what to build - You play a significant role in ultimately determining what our squads work on by working closely with our Product Managers, Designers, and the founders.
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are a person others want to follow.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Why you should join Titan
Titan is the "Fidelity for millennials and Gen Z." We build, manage, and explain investment funds via our mobile operating system. Anyone who would like Titan to invest their money can download our mobile app, link their bank, and transfer capital. We currently have four investment strategies (3 in equities, 1 in crypto) and will be launching more. Users have described us as "a hedge fund in their pocket."
What Robinhood did to trading, we're aiming to do to actively-managed investing (think: mutual funds and hedge funds).