Investment Writer at Titan
About the role
Titan is a world-class investment firm built inside a mobile app, currently managing over $500 million in assets for 30,000+ clients and producing business analysis for an audience multitudes larger. Our mission is to build the first premium investment firm for everyone.
As a firm we pride ourselves not just on our investment performance, but also on our differentiated approach to business reporting and our outstanding client satisfaction, having been ranked as the #1 investment advisor by U.S. News, the Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, and Backend Benchmarking.
As a result, we've become one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in our category, currently growing 600% year-over-year.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Our top priority coming out of our capital raise is to build out a world-class media organization that can close the long-standing informational and knowledge gap between what Wall Street investors have access to, and what the rest of the world does.
To us, our readers, our clients, and our team are everything. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
As our Investment Writer, you'll work closely with our team of leading investment professionals to transform their latest on-the-ground insights into captivating, approachable, and engaging written analysis.
You will be responsible for producing both short-form, news cycle driven content, as well as deeper, longer-form pieces based on our Investment team’s in-depth research.
Our coverage universe is wide and leans heavily toward the themes and companies that will have the most impact on transforming and shaping our collective futures - from seed-stage startups to multi-billion dollar technology giants. We focus heavily on unearthing the hidden implications that drive important consumer and investment outcomes, and focus less on headline repetition and noise.
The ideal candidate will be deeply passionate about business writing and harnessing the power of the written word to empower everyday investors with deep "behind the curtain" insights that are typically reserved for Wall Street insiders.
As such, they should be highly familiar with the world of investing, business, or technology, and bear the ability to independently create engaging and fully-developed written work out of "raw" insights and analysis from our Investment team.
What You'll Do
- Transform raw insights from our Investment team into deeply engaging, accessible, and fully-developed written work with little external guidance
- Create deep, analytical long-form pieces based on our Investment team’s proprietary research
- Develop our narrative voice and the core communication practices we use to reach our audience of 25,000+ investors and multitudes more subscribers
- Help experiment and iterate on a variety of narrative approaches and content formats, including custom new media formats to be developed within our app
- Help adapt our core written work into additional multimedia content that is custom-adapted for various channels and audiences (ranging from video to social media)
- Deep passion for writing and an innate ability to communicate complex concepts in an accessible and highly engaging written voice
- Strong familiarity with or background in investing, business, or technology
- Passionate about bringing access to historically guarded investment insights to a diverse and underserved audience of everyday readers and investors
- High degree of comfort transforming raw insights from investment professionals into fully developed written work, with little external guidance
- Interest in producing both short-form / news cycle-driven content, as well as deeper, longer-form analysis based on our Investment team's proprietary research
- Familiarity with the communication practices of various media platforms (newsletters, financial press, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.)
- Comfort iterating quickly in deadline-driven environments
- Ability to work both independently and under close direction
- Great communication skills and the ability to both give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
Why you should join Titan
Titan is the "Fidelity for millennials and Gen Z." We build, manage, and explain investment funds via our mobile operating system. Anyone who would like Titan to invest their money can download our mobile app, link their bank, and transfer capital. We currently have four investment strategies (3 in equities, 1 in crypto) and will be launching more. Users have described us as "a hedge fund in their pocket."
What Robinhood did to trading, we're aiming to do to actively-managed investing (think: mutual funds and hedge funds).