Business Operations Associate at Titan
About the role
Titan is a world-class investment firm inside a mobile app, managing over $500 million in assets for 30,000+ clients. Our mission is to build the first premium investment manager for everyone. If Robinhood is the mass market solution, consider us the Apple of our category.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley's best) have told us we're one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
We are looking for a Business Operations Associate. Titan is a rapidly growing financial services company with numerous business lines and an ambitious product roadmap. Your role will be critical in assessing, analyzing, and executing on strategic initiatives and projects to ensure the company continues to make shrewd business and operational decisions as we scale, while also maintaining and optimizing our existing finance function.
You will work directly with the Founders, Operations Manager, and other operations-focused team members on business operations including new initiatives and strategic projects, as well as financial activities.
What You'll Do
- Lead strategic assessments, perform business analyses, and develop recommendations to drive major decisions for the company
- Stand up new operations and business units, and develop their roadmaps and goals
- Project manage cross-functional operational improvement projects that will increase business efficiency, reduce risk, and drive company-wide change
- Collaborate with leaders across the company to drive operational quality, scalability, and efficiency
- Build and maintain the company’s financial and operating models
- Own the finance function (incl. setting up and maintaining vendor accounts, verifying accuracy of invoices and ensuring proper recording of transactions, processing ACH/wire/other money movements to vendors)
- Develop and implement enhanced accounts payable and expense reimbursement controls, policies, and procedures that will scale with growth
- Bachelor’s degree and a record of academic achievement
- 3-5 years experience at a top-tier management consulting or investment banking firm and/or experience in a Business Operations, Operations Strategy, Product, or a cross-functional operational role at a technology company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Highly effective written and communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, and/or SQL
- Knowledge of financial modeling and accounting principles
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, prioritize, and juggle multiple projects
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up
Why you should join Titan
Titan is the "Fidelity for millennials and Gen Z." We build, manage, and explain investment funds via our mobile operating system. Anyone who would like Titan to invest their money can download our mobile app, link their bank, and transfer capital. We currently have four investment strategies (3 in equities, 1 in crypto) and will be launching more. Users have described us as "a hedge fund in their pocket."
What Robinhood did to trading, we're aiming to do to actively-managed investing (think: mutual funds and hedge funds).