Software Engineer at Torch
About the role
Backed by top-tier investors, Torch is a fast-growing, mission-driven SaaS startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch's platform provides coaches, clients, and customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
At Torch, we believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders who drive invention, inspiration, and innovation to solve our time’s most significant opportunities and challenges. Torch exists to create and support these leaders.
Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo, and New York. Join us as we not only work to empower conscious leaders for our customers but within our internal team as well!
At Torch, we are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has experience developing web or mobile systems from the ground up and is passionate about doing work that matters.
This Software Engineer will collaborate with the Product Team to design, build creative solutions, and enable our clients’ personal growth. Additionally, you will partner with the rest of the engineering team to create a scalable, high-performance, media-rich web application for consumption across various device form factors. Read more about our engineering values here: https://torch.io/careers/engineering/
- Collaborate with product teams to design and build creative solutions, enabling our the personal growth of our clients while empowering our coaches
- Help to create a scalable, high performance, media-rich web application for consumption various device form factors
- Identify opportunities for rapid innovation using PaaS or Open Source components wherever possible.
- Take part in peer code review processes
- Ship high quality features and improvements with consistency
- A degree in Computer Science, a related STEM field or equivalent experience
- Experience building and consuming RESTful and GraphQL web services
- Knowledge of distributed application design patterns and asynchronous programming models
- Familiarity with databases - relational and/or non-relational
- Experience using source control tooling, Git preferable
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably AWS)
- Fully covered medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Social Justice Days
- Torch Coaching
- Remote workstation stipend
- Generous Professional Development Stipend
Torch provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Why you should join Torch
Torch is a leadership development platform that combines software and experienced coaches to help high performers reach their full potential. Our service helps our clients build self-awareness, and integrates ongoing feedback from colleagues so clients can track their progress. We are a mission driven company made up of people who believe strongly in human potential. Torch is a YC company (winter '18 batch). This is an early opportunity at a fast growing startup that's helping professionals lead more meaningful, purpose-driven lives.