Software Engineer at Triplebyte
About the role
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies fromstealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.''
We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few.
You can also read some case studies with a few of our partner companies like Box, Instacart, Mixpanel and Gusto and also learn more about us here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the role
As both the user of our product and the engineer building it, you’ll be uniquely positioned to influence what that future looks like and where we’ll go from here. You'll have a major impact on the product and engineering culture and a lot of opportunity for personal growth on our relatively small but growing team of mission-driven engineers.
What you'll do
- Build new and exciting product features together with our product and design teams. Translate product specs into working features.
- Collaborate with other engineers, learning from them and mentoring them.
- Be excited to work in new areas and learn new things when needed.
- Elevate the status quo and push for higher development standards. Lead discussions about improving our processes and figuring out the best product ideas.
What you'll need to be successful
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience in developing modern web applications.
- Strong proficiency with these or analogous technologies: Rails, React, Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Docker + more
- Proven track record of taking ownership of projects and initiatives end-to-end; ability to work across the stack and learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment; has the good judgment to make explicit trade-offs about speed and quality when necessary.
- Ability to ingest complex project requirements and execute on them.
Bonus points if you:
- Are passionate about helping people find jobs and creating a more just software engineering hiring marketplace.
- Have a strong bias for action.
- Are an amazing communicator (esp. in a remote environment).
- Lead initiatives where you see a need exists.
- Guide and mentor others on your team and beyond.
- Are highly creative (we all are!).
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Why you should join Triplebyte
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.