Sr. Product Marketing Manager at Triplebyte
About the role
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies fromstealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.''
We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few.
You can also read some case studies with a few of our partner companies like Box, Instacart, Mixpanel and Gusto and also learn more about us here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
Triplebyte’s screening tool (Triplebyte Screen) is growing rapidly, doubling the number of monthly active companies every quarter. Our vision is to build the common app for technical hiring such that any engineer can put their best foot forward when applying to a job, on or off Triplebyte. And we want to empower every hiring manager and recruiter to hire faster and hire diverse.
This role is critical to scaling Triplebyte Screen by sharpening our positioning and messaging, enabling sales & demand generation, and improving customer engagement. As our first product marketing expert, you will take leadership in this area of go-to-market, first applying this skillset to scaling Screen and then expanding to all of our B2B products. In addition to GTM, you will also help define product strategy and partner with the product team in the development of new features.
Initially, you will report to VP Screen, and in the future to the Director of Marketing.
- Define product positioning and messaging for various B2B market segments
- Run messaging experiments jointly with demand generation to sharpen messaging over time
- Develop content for customer marketing including case studies, product guides, thought pieces and other content to enable demand generation
- Develop sales enablement materia to help sales/account management close more customers and to grow usage within customer organizations
- Deepen customer engagement through lifecycle marketing, webinars, roundtables, best practice sharing, etc.
- Launch new product features to existing users and leverage launch moments to further brand visibility and recall in the market
What You Need to be Successful
- 2+ years experience in B2B product marketing. We’re looking for experience developing or significantly improving product positioning, messaging and content, in partnership with product and sales/account teams
- Excellent storyteller with sound writing and presentation skills
- Proven track record bringing new B2B products to market, or in deepening user engagement
- You’ll need to be comfortable engaging with and understanding the needs of engineering and recruiting leaders
- Thrives in a scrappy, experiment-oriented environment
- Applies first principles thinking in problem solving
- Experience leading customer roundtables and presenting at seminars/webinars and customer engagements
- Written high quality thought pieces for customer engagement
- Startup experience
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Why you should join Triplebyte
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.