Business Development Representative (Remote / Work from Home) at Triplebyte
About the role
Come help us build the future of software engineer hiring!
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies fromstealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.
Over the course of 2020, we've executed well on a major pivot in our business strategy amidst a global pandemic and economic recession. Now, we're emerging from the pandemic stronger than ever. We have plenty of runway, we've been outperforming on sales / renewals, and we're excited to ramp up on our favorite activity, hiring software engineers, again.''
We have an all star list of investors, some of which include: Garry Tan, Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Justin Kan, Drew Houston and Michael Seibel just to name a few.
You can also read some case studies with a few of our partner companies like Box, Instacart, Mixpanel and Gusto and also learn more about us here:
- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the Role
This is a full time role that can be held remotely in the United States.
This role is to generate outbound leads from targeted campaigns and to schedule first meetings and calls between Account Executives and potential clients. The role gives reps an up-close look at the inner workings of the company – a great learning experience. It provides you with the chance to build and practice hard sales skills.
What you'll do:
- Create 8+ qualified sales opportunities per month from outbound outreach by scheduling meetings with qualified prospects
- Target 100-150 new prospects with your outbound cadence every week
- Make 40+ calls, voice mails, or video messages per day
- Execute on all steps in your outbound cadences every day
- Pre-qualify prospects by leading an initial qualification call after they’ve shown interest in your messaging
- Schedule calendar meetings with prospects and account executives, and ensure prospects attend the meetings
- Create Salesforce opportunities for Account Executives with relevant notes from your conversations with prospects
- Manage prospects, accounts, and opportunities in Salesforce
- Research accounts and prospects to make your messaging relevant to prospects
- Become an expert on Triplebyte’s offering to concisely explain to prospects Triplebyte’s value proposition and be able to overcome objections
Practical stuff we anticipate you having:
- 0-5 years of sales experience
- Experience in a B2B SaaS vertical
- A track record exceeding targets (Appointments set, Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) generation, etc.)
- Creative- we are looking for you to unlock creativity within the email prospecting campaigns and come up with new techniques
What we’re looking for from the heart:
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, and the ability to convey this through phone and email communications
- Bias towards immediate action and results
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Consummate multi-tasker who can wear multiple hats
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Why you should join Triplebyte
Triplebyte is on a mission to create a more just tech industry by fixing hiring for software engineers. This is important because millions of people have skills (and deserve good jobs), but don’t fit the profile that recruiters seek. We aim to cut out that noise by matching opportunities to people who have the skills to succeed in them - regardless of their background. Companies from stealth-startups to global brands source and hire engineers from Triplebyte.