Senior Front End Engineer at True Link
About the role
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. We serve people with complex needs and those who care for them, and it is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives.
In this role, you’ll use your front end expertise to make this thoughtful fintech work happen! While you’ll spend most of your time hands-on coding in our Rails/React stack, you’ll also be taking the time to understand the architecture, mentor and learn from those around you to create more sustainable front end software.
What You'll Do
- Shape and deliver user-centric features in our Rails/React environment
- Guide the team towards creating more robust front end experiences through a mix of modeling better practices and active mentoring and teaching
Who You Are
- Comfortable collaborating with designers and product managers to balance tradeoffs between addressing tech debt and delivering functionality
- Experienced teacher or mentor who also learns from others
- Adept at delivering ambitious projects quickly while reinforcing a culture of excellence
- Enjoy creating order and vision out of chaos and patchwork
- A technical leader who builds buy-in
What Tech You Know - Must-haves
- React (16 or later)
- Unit testing (Jest, Mocha, or any other front end)
- Modern EcmaScript
- Git, GitHub
- Responsive applications
- 3 years of experience as a professional software developer
What Tech You Know - Nice-to-haves
- AWS (S3, EC2, Route53, IAM)
- Feature testing
- Architectural Decision Records
- Material UI
- Rails asset pipelines
- Jest with React Testing Library
- Flux Pattern
- Multi-page application experience
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about our employees and the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities. - - We don’t replicate the unfairness of the outside world inside True Link.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- We have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
- Want to work in an office? Great! We welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Columbus, OH, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.
Why you should join True Link
We are a mission-driven, venture-backed startup growing quickly into a large financial enterprise. We solve complex, life-changing problems for older adults, people with disabilities, and people recovering from addiction, all of whom are often neglected by the financial services industry.
It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars of his savings to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform supporting a young woman with a disability to plan for her future while protecting her life-saving medical benefits.
We have offices in San Francisco, Denver, and Kingston NY, and a strong team of distributed team members across the US as well. If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.
- Our investors include Khosla (Series B lead), QED (Series A lead) , Radicle Impact, Kapor Capital, and Initialized Capital
- If you are a Rails/React or full-stack Rails engineer with four or more years experience, we are always interested