Data Engineer, Analytics at Truebill
About the role
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
Truebill is a YC-backed startup with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Our DC office is right on the Silver Spring metro! Hundreds of thousands of people use Truebill to manage their daily finances and take control of their money. We just recently announced our $17 million Series C round of funding and are now looking to scale our all star team!
With a mission to improve the financial health of everyday people, Truebill is transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through helping people cancel unnecessary subscriptions, negotiating bills, and securing refunds, we save our members money while helping them regain control over their finances.
The data team at Truebill is looking for a Data Engineer, Analytics to join the team. This role will work primarily with the data team, product, and engineering to model the myriad of product telemetry, user actions, and transaction data into consumable knowledge for stakeholders both within the data team and across the organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹
In this role, you will focus on:
- Modeling data and writing documented, maintainable ETL pipelines to provide datasets to answer key analytical questions
- Owning the quality of the data being delivered to the reporting and analytics layer - including writing integration and unit tests
- Selecting and incorporating tooling that gives monitoring and observability to the data pipeline
- Working with the Director of Analytics to build a dataset roadmap to power increasingly sophisticated analyses to measure and improve our members’ financial health
- Using our modern data stack (Fivetran, Big Query, dbt, Looker) to continue to evolve and improve the architecture and infrastructure to support a hyper-growth organization
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in data engineering, data analytics, consulting, business intelligence, or a related field
- You have 3+ years of experience writing SQL in a professional capacity
- Production experience with dbt, Big Query, and Looker
- Experience with a scripting language (ex: Python) and using source control for ETL pipelines in production
- You find yourself often building tools to help others solve their problems and try to follow a philosophy of continuous improvement and automation
- You love telling a story with data and appreciate the challenge of designing and building a dataset and visuals that helps build a decision support framework for your peers
- Experience with fintech, banking and consumer transaction data is a plus
Why you should join Truebill
Truebill is autopilot for your money. It helps people optimize their finances without having to think about it. We're founded by veteran entrepreneurs.