Engineering Manager at Truebill
About the role
Thank you for checking out our careers page and for your interest in working for Truebill! Truebill is dedicated to providing the best candidate experience possible. We will only reach out to you through official channels with a truebill.com email. Please only apply to roles through our careers page: https://www.truebill.com/careers/.
Protect yourself from job scams! A reminder Truebill will never ask for any personal information until we have extended an offer from a @truebill.com verified email.
ABOUT TRUEBILL 🔮
As a Y Combinator top company, Truebill’s mission is to improve the financial health of millions by transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through finding and canceling unnecessary subscriptions, lowering bills, and securing refunds, we save our members hundreds a year while helping them regain control over their finances.
We just announced a $45 million Series D round of funding and have over 2 million users and counting. We are now looking to scale our all-star team in both San Francisco and the Washington, DC area. Come join the fun! 😃
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help us scale our engineering team and deliver both the best possible product for our users and the best possible workplace for our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE 🤹
In this role, you'll:
- Work with a high level of autonomy, making and evaluating decisions that typically require critical thinking and understanding trade-offs as well as knowing when to escalate concerns or gather feedback.
- Manage one or more small (3-4 person) teams of Full-Stack Engineers and ensure a healthy & productive working environment.
- Maintain tight feedback loops with your direct reports, holding regular check-ins and ensuring that they are able to make progress and that their needs are met.
- Help to prioritize, plan, and manage project roadmaps to ensure that we're shipping high-quality features and bug fixes to Truebill users in a timely manner.
- Perform managerial responsibilities including coaching, performance reviews, define / refine processes, and work with engineering leadership to iterate and improve on the experience of being an engineer at Truebill.
- Recruit and hire for your team(s) in partnership with our People & Recruiting team.
ABOUT YOU 🦄
- You are an engineer by trade, with a history of shipping production code and working with product teams to design & build user-friendly features.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing one or more engineering teams.
- You're excited to discuss high-level architecture and technical direction but comfortable deferring to the engineers and technical leads on the implementation.
- You can tailor your management style to suit your employees, identifying where some people might succeed with a more hands-off approach than others.
- Experience with data infrastructure / machine learning topics is a plus.
- Experience in FinTech is a plus.
WE OFFER 💫
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks, Kombucha & Coffee on tap
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Why you should join Truebill
Truebill is autopilot for your money. It helps people optimize their finances without having to think about it. We're founded by veteran entrepreneurs.