Senior Back End Engineer at TrueNorth
About the role
You will build software that goes directly into the hands of truckers and trucking operations staff. You will ship quickly and work with customers to iterate quickly. We’re a small team and all work closely with one another.
- You will work with a group of people who are passionate about building cutting edge technology and products for independent truckers and trucking industry.
- You will collaborate with a group of highly skilled engineers on building and updating existing backend APIs, integrations.
- You will architect new systems or extend existing systems to support new cutting edge technology.
You’ll succeed in this role if:
- You have at least 4 years of experience writing production code.
- You are a specialist who can deliver back end services and solutions to engineers working on the product using Python and also love working with other languages if required.
- You are a great problem solver who can quickly solve problems which affect services and API on the back end
- You can architect complex, performant, scalable, and secure distributed systems.
- You have an expert level knowledge of data architecture and databases.
- You are not afraid to learn and try new technologies or refactor big pieces of code to improve usability, maintainability, and efficiency
- You have the super power of learning new things fast!
- You have worked at an early-stage startup! (optional)
Our Technology Stack
- Google Cloud
- Go, C++, Java (Optional)
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision care
- 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
Why you should join TrueNorth
Traditional trucking companies still run on paper, emails, phone calls, and snail mail. They’re inefficient and bloated. The pressure of low margins suffocates the truckers who actually do the work.
Our software cuts out the inefficiencies, and we pass the savings through to our truckers. Instead of paper-pushers and endless phone calls, they get an end-to-end solution: customer management, load coordination, automated invoicing, a real-time financial dashboard, a single place to manage their business.
A blog post that goes deeper into why we started this company: https://medium.com/@jinstedge/truenorth-b42437f1dc03
Our expertise: cofounders Sanjaya and Jin previously worked at an autonomous trucking company together. Jin also grew up in a family of independent truckers. Sanjaya built hardware & software systems at Altera, Quettra, SimilarWeb, and Scotty Labs; Jin studied Aerospace at MIT and helped scale Zenefits and Intercom.
We're a team of 15 - the majority of us are women and/or POCs. We don't just value diversity, we cherish it. And we mean it.