About the role
As the first Senior Sales Representative, you will be tasked with defining the overall strategy, setting KPIs/quotas, and building out the sales team while engaging in new sales and building customer relationships. You will oversee the entire sales cycle of our merchant partners, from lead generation to ongoing relationship management. You will collaborate closely with the operations team and engineering to ensure we deliver the best-in-class merchant experience every day.
This is a senior-level sales role, which also entails customer, partner, and corporate sales responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the sales role is to enable, drive and elevate the company’s position and penetration into the Ontario market. The Sales Representative will be internally and externally focused on the companies functional operations in support of customer sales and market requirements. This person will be responsible for driving the implementation of strategic initiatives to accelerate the companies growth in Ontario.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive new business by developing brand identity and recognition, conducting targeted outreach campaigns with outbound calls, emails and social platforms.
- Follow up and qualify inbound leads by conducting discovery calls to assess whether the merchant is a fit for the Tyltgo platform.
- Negotiating on contracts/deals
- Maintain a high volume of sales activity with daily KPIs for targeted calls and emails.
- Provide executive-level representation at high-stakes meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners.
- Work with internal teams in building proposals, business cases to RFPs and more.
- Coordinate sales and business initiatives and integrate sales processes across the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective sales growth strategies and processes for the company’s business.
- Serve as the thought leader for sales of the company’s products regarding product requirements, selling trends, competitive landscape, marketing programs and communications.
- Work with Strategy & Operations Specialist team to ensure the business is transacted accurately and within pricing guidelines to the highest ethical standards.
- Facilitate feedback to different areas of the company’s business regarding client needs, operational needs, business opportunities, and marketing/sales programs.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts using the appropriate sales tools and processes and maintain all relevant information about customers, prospects, campaigns, and leads.
- Manage sales team, providing coverage for target geographies.
We're looking for someone with:
- +4 years of professional sales experience, preferably in a similar role and market.
- 1-2 years of inside sales management experience.
- Ability to be on the phone or sending emails 75% of the day.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written); ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross-organizational toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus-building skills.
- Be experienced in all stages of the sales process, from prospecting leads to closing them.
- Strategic, organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Comfortable managing long and complex deal cycles.
- Proven track record of quota attainment and achievement of KPIs.
- Ability to work with cross-functional client teams (procurement, supply chain, marketing, logistics, operations, engineering and/or eCommerce).
- Familiar with business strategies, as well as their associated metrics.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to coordinate and oversee a number of projects concurrently across multiple functional company departments.
- Love to be in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and determined to be successful and are motivated by results and the success of your customers, colleagues and yourself!
Nice-to-haves / Okay-not-to-haves:
- Experience with Google Sheets, MS Office, and HubSpot.
- Prior start-up experience with a desire to understand all aspects of the business, from marketing and sales to product development.
Here are some projects you would work on:
- Formalize and build out the company's sales funnel.
- Lead generation and sales from prospecting to closing for small and enterprise companies.
- Redefine sales playbook.
- Hiring junior-level sales reps and building out the sales team.
If this sounds exciting to you: We can't wait to hear from you. Please submit your application below!
Why you should join TyltGO
TyltGO is a fast-growing startup. We move quickly and adapt to situations as they come. We need like-minded individuals with a passion for problem-solving and a drive to work on a project through to completion. To be apart of TyltGO, you need to work for the vision and rewards will follow. Most importantly, we need team players that genuinely want to help, have good morale, and a sense of compassion.