Strategy & Operations Associate at TyltGO
About the role
Tyltgo is a Y-Combinator company that helps SMBs and enterprises grow through our innovative logistics software platform and B2B marketplace. We have raised $2.3M to date to build out this vision, from top investors including Y Combinator, TI Platforms, Tilt CTO & Airbnb Head of Payments Khaled Hussein, Traveloka CTO Derianto Kusuma, and more.
Our goal is to become the all-in-one logistics solution for merchants struggling to compete online. We want to empower every merchant with Amazon-level logistics capabilities, regardless of if they’re your local coffee shop or a national meal-kit provider. On one side of our marketplace, we aggregate vendors across the full shipping supply chain ranging from fulfillment centers, trucking companies, insulated packaging suppliers, and last-mile delivery couriers. On the other side of the marketplace, we offer these services to merchants -- giving them everything they need to affordably and reliably scale their business. We’re already working with notable Canadian brands such as General Assembly Pizza, TruLOCAL, WeCook, and local SMBs across Ontario/British Columbia. We will be continuing our national expansion into Alberta and Quebec later this year.
We're a team of 13, with a remote-first culture and employees across British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec. All founding team members have done countless amounts of deliveries themselves, and spent thousands of hours talking to SMB owners. We’re doing this because in today’s economy, consumers expect a world-class same-day delivery experience and too many companies not named Amazon lack the proper infrastructure to deliver on that promise. Tyltgo is here to change that.
What you’re looking for:
- Highly ambiguous problems to solve -- oftentimes without the data, resources, or timeline to do so.
- Personal and professional growth -- you will learn more in 1 year at a seed-stage tech startup than in 5 years elsewhere.
- A work environment with autonomy & ownership over the initiatives you choose to work on and the impact you bring as a result.
- An opportunity to work cross-functionally and gain a deep understanding across merchant & courier operations, sales, strategy, product development, marketplaces, and technology.
- A company with a track record of promoting from within and investing in the growth of their people.
- An opportunity to have a tangible impact on the real world.
What you might work on:
- Launching markets in new geographies.
- Iterating on the courier payment algorithm.
- Building an effective courier training process into the courier onboarding funnel.
- Measuring courier acquisition, retention, and reliability metrics and improving them with operations or product initiatives.
- Building referral programs for couriers or merchants backed with strong analytical frameworks.
- Talking to users in the marketplace and scoping product features alongside the engineering team to relieve their pains.
- Conducting merchant onboarding calls and acting as an account manager throughout their lifecycle.
- Building robust processes around solving real-world merchant logistics problems.
- Managing relationships with various vendors throughout the supply chain like fulfillment centers, packaging partners, and line-haul providers.
- Supporting the dispatch operations team during high-volume days.
- Providing live merchant & courier support.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a tangible track record of entrepreneurial initiatives (success or failure), solving highly ambiguous problems, and delivering impact with very little oversight/management. No minimum years of experience.
- Empathetic, and user-centric mindset. Someone who intuitively understands the needs of who they interact with.
- A strong sense of ambition, resilience, and demonstrated work-ethic to achieve personal and professional goals. Startups are not easy.
- An ownership mindset and a willingness to "get their hands dirty": we have tons of manual processes.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity with a knack of finding and solving problems on your own.
- An ultimate generalist, and a propensity toward enjoying working across a spectrum of functions. As the company grows, there will be opportunities to specialize in a function.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to distill data and provide meaningful business insights to support fast decision making.
Nice-to-haves / Okay-not-to-haves:
- Proficiency in SQL
- Ex-founder, or ex-founding team member at a startup (first 5 employees)
- Experience or demonstrated passion for the logistics industry
- Experience or demonstrated passion for working with small businesses
- $60-$90k salary
- 0.05-0.25% equity compensation
Why you should join TyltGO
TyltGO is a fast-growing startup. We move quickly and adapt to situations as they come. We need like-minded individuals with a passion for problem-solving and a drive to work on a project through to completion. To be apart of TyltGO, you need to work for the vision and rewards will follow. Most importantly, we need team players that genuinely want to help, have good morale, and a sense of compassion.