Content Marketing Manager at UPchieve
About the role
UPchieve is looking to hire a Content Marketing Manager, you'll be the second-ever marketing hire! You will have the important responsibility of building our brand to reach and inspire low-income high school students to fulfill their academic potential. You'll be a key force in driving UPchieve's content strategy and have the unique opportunity to be the face and voice of our social media. You'll report to the Director of Growth Marketing to develop and execute strategies to help UPchieve reach key growth milestones in 2022 and beyond.
This might be the right job for you if…
- You absolutely love to create fun and engaging content! This role will be responsible for all aspects of content creation from writing, graphic design, and making short social media videos.
- You feel a strong connection and care deeply about the low-income high school student population and want to leave a positive impact.
- You’re super excited by the idea of working at one of the fastest growing early stage edtech nonprofits. One of only two edtech nonprofits to have ever been backed by Y Combinator!
What you’ll do
- Develop and own the day-to-day execution of UPchieve's content strategy and editorial calendar
- Be the face and voice of UPchieve’s social media by creating educational and entertaining videos
- Write clean and captivating copy for our online assets, spanning across social, website, email, and app
- Create simple and well-designed graphics using Canva Pro or your preferred tool
- Monitor metrics and report out on content performance to iterate and improve content strategy
- Work with the marketing team to prioritize and fulfill marketing requests from other stakeholders
- Recruit and manage contractors, interns, and volunteers to build team capacity
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has a proven track record of creating compelling content, managing a brand, and growing an audience
- Has a great sense of humor, understands Gen Z pop culture, and thinks in memes.
- Has experience creating, hosting, and editing TikTok videos… or is ready to learn!
- Has a good design eye and feels comfortable using Canva Pro or an equivalent graphic design tool
- Understands SEO fundamentals and can execute low-hanging optimizations
- Is a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward by prioritizing tasks and staying focused on execution
- Bonus: Live online webinars and/or podcasting experience
- Bonus: Paid social ads experience in Gen Z platforms (TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram) and/or Google Search Ads
- Bonus: Technical SEO experience
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter on this page: https://upchieve.welcomekit.co/jobs/content-marketing-manager_brooklyn
Why you should join UPchieve
UPchieve is an edtech nonprofit that provides free, 24/7 online tutoring and college counseling to low-income high school students in the U.S. Using our app, students can request and get paired with a live, volunteer tutor in under 5 minutes. Our mission is to democratize access to academic support so that all students, regardless of income, have an equal opportunity to finish high school, attend college, and achieve upward mobility. So far, we’ve matched over 50K on-demand tutoring requests from 10K+ students across all 50 states. Our work has also been recognized by Forbes and TIME, and our funders include both Y Combinator and the Gates Foundation.