Product Manager at UpCodes
About the role
UpCodes is looking for our first product manager to define and operationalize our Product process. This person will partner closely with the CEO to build a concrete roadmap to help us achieve our vision.
One of the most challenging tasks at UpCodes is deciding what to build and exactly how to do it. We operate in a highly complex and opaque domain (regulations that are in 3D and change across time and location), so we need someone who can wrangle complexity, talk with users, and come up with sensible, simple ideas. For our first product manager, we need someone who can think strategically and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty.
You will work closely with our users and engineering team to create hypotheses, test your assumptions, and develop specs. Given that deciding what to build and ironing out the details is one of our toughest challenges, you'll find that we have a very open environment where we encourage debate and input from lots of stakeholders.
- Gain a deep understanding of our industry through lots of user interviews and research, and use this to inform both high-level insights as well as honing the nitty-gritty details of new features
- Work with designers and subject matter experts to create specs/mocks for new features, gather internal/external feedback on them and iterate
- Come up with simple UI/UX for complex problems, grounded in user feedback and data
- Work closely with engineering to launch new features
- Study analytics to help inform product decisions
- Communicate and align our team with the strategy and rationale for new features in a logical, well-structured way
YOU MUST HAVE
- 1-3 years of product management experience minimum
- Experience talking with users to nail the details of a feature
- Experience with managing a complex product, coming up with solutions in a structured way, using user feedback and data
- Experience writing clear, simple specs and tickets
- Effective communication / interpersonal skills
- Someone who isn’t afraid of responsibility and operating in an unstructured environment
- Strong work ethic
- A good sense of humor and a down-to-earth personality
Please click here to apply - we only look at candidates who apply directly.
Why you should join UpCodes
UpCodes provides tools to help architects and developers design safe, accessible buildings that speed through government approval. Inefficiencies and mistakes navigating complex building codes cost companies billions yearly in the US alone. Our SaaS platform enables industry professionals to find, understand, and apply the codes so they can build better.