Sr. Software Engineer, Frontend (REMOTE) at UpKeep
About the role
UpKeep is the top-rated maintenance management software developed to revolutionize the way teams manage facilities, equipment, and work orders. We empower over 3,000 customers in 60 countries by providing mobile-first SaaS solutions, Industrial IoT sensors, data analytics tools, and enterprise integrations. Our innovative cloud-based application is making work easier and safer for deskless technicians, while improving asset reliability and operational efficiency for business in many fast-growing industries.
We're a Series B tech startup with 100+ team members across the US. We've recently been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by fostering a diverse, inclusive, and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people have the flexibility to work remote or from our Los Angeles HQ.
Node.js shop with a React & Angular frontend. Platform built with Express & GraphQL in a microservices architecture. Infrastructure on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. Both MongoDB & PostgreSQL databases. Containerized with docker, orchestrated with Kubernetes, and Helm ties it all together in our CI pipeline.
- As one of the most experienced Engineers at a growing SaaS startup, you will make meaningful contributions to the overall success of a close-knit product and engineering team
- Using agile methods, you will help build new features that impact critical areas of our product lines
- Develop reusable UI components and front-end libraries
- Optimize components for maximum performance across all browsers and devices
- Translate designs, styling guides, and wireframes into high-quality code
- Analyze website performance and implement solutions for improvement
- Write unit and integration performance tests
- Partner closely with product management, UX design, and mobile development teams
- Complete projects on-time, collaboratively, and with minimal supervision
- Participate in code review, deployment, and improvements to our ability to ship reliable code
- Provide guidance to other engineers, contributing to a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- UI development (React.js required)
- Styling guides (Storybook preferred) and building highly reusable UI components
- Microservice architecture (Client-side Apollo GraphQL required)
- Writing code in cloud-service environments (AWS preferred)
- Consuming and designing RESTful APIs (Node.js preferred)
- Unit test writing (Selenium, TestCafe, Jest, or Mocha)
- Practice Agile Methodologies
- Exposure to mobile development
- BA in Computer Science or a related field is preferred (not required for someone with 5+ years of relevant experience)
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the workflow and productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014 while living in his parent's garage.
Today, our cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cutting edge Industrial IoT sensors are modernizing the way thousands of businesses around the world maintain their facilities and equipment. Customers love UpKeep's mobile-first application because it gives them the ability to manage work orders on the go. We're replacing tedious paperwork and cumbersome spreadsheets so technicians can focus on the work that matters most.
UpKeep is a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software geared for technicians in industries like manufacturing, healthcare, food production, transportation, fitness, education, hospitality, government, utilities, and construction. We've raised $50 million in VC funding following a recent Series B funding round led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator. With over 1,500 positive customer reviews, we are rated #1 on Gartner, G2, and Capterra. We're also building The Maintenance Community, the largest online forum and Slack group bringing industry professionals together to participate is discussions, webinars, podcasts, and courses.
Visit our website to learn more: www.onupkeep.com
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need accommodation due to disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Why you should join UpKeep
We're taking the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology.
Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the leading Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first! UpKeep currently employs 70 amazing people that work together to ensure over 200,000 global users achieve their goals! We've been named the #1 Facility Management Software by Gartner & GetApp, #1 for Usability by Software Advice, and Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd. We've also been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world including Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, Battery Ventures, and Bain Capital. Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are actively investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We are a Y Combinator-backed company (YC W17)
Visit our website to learn more and view our current job openings! https://www.onupkeep.com/