Sr. Full Stack Engineer, Node.js (Remote) at UpKeep
About the role
UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses maintain their facilities and equipment. We’re a Series B SaaS startup with remote teams around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital funding and recently surpassed 10,000 customers! UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software application by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace.
We are a Node.js shop with a React/Angular frontend. Our platform is built with Express and GraphQL in a microservices architecture. Our infrastructure is on top of AWS and maintained with Terraform. We are using both MongoDB & PostgreSQL. We are 100% containerized with docker, and orchestrated with Kubernetes, and we use Helm to tie it all together in our CI pipeline.
What you'll do:
- As one of the most experienced full stack developers at a fast-growing SaaS company, you will make meaningful contributions to the overall success of a close-knit product and engineering team
- You will work with other engineers, product management, design, UX, product marketing, and customer-facing teams to ensure UpKeep remains the industry-leading solution for our customers
- Using agile methods, you will help build new features that impact critical areas of our product lines
- Build APIs, stand up a DB, pitch in on release tooling, and handle both back end and front end development
- Schema design, querying, management, and optimization of relational databases
- Write automated UI, unit, and functional tests
- Participate in code review, deployment, and improvements to our ability to ship reliable code
- Provide guidance and consultation to junior engineers— contributing to a culture of teamwork and collaboration
Proficiencies we're looking for:
- Writing both front end and back end code
- Developing RESTful APIs with Node.js
- Designing schemas and writing queries within relational databases (PostgreSQL & GraphQL preferred)
- Writing code in cloud-service environments (AWS preferred)
- Microservice architecture, design, and development
- UI development (React / Angular preferred)
- Test writing (Selenium, TestCafe, Jest, or Mocha)
- Mobile development in collaboration with product management and design teams
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
In this full-time position, you'll receive top-notch benefits such as equity/stock options, paid holidays, 12-week parental leave, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401k, and affordable medical, dental, vision and mental health insurance options. We value a work/life balance and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, from an idea he had while working as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a cloud-based, mobile-first software solution could drastically improve the workflow and productivity of maintenance teams, technicians, and facility managers. He was determined to build on this vision— so he learned how to code and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014.
Today, we’re simplifying and modernizing work orders for half a million people in over 50 countries. Our 80+ team members are focused on ensuring UpKeep is the smartest and easiest-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have customers in industries like manufacturing, food production, education, healthcare, property management, hospitality, energy, and transportation. In addition to providing data-driven insights and reporting, UpKeep gives users the ability to manage tasks and teams on-the-go.
Top VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since we graduated from Y Combinator in 2017. Here’s an interesting fact: Only 1% of all software venture capital is invested in the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. That’s over 100 million people in the U.S. alone! We’re committed to empowering those underserved deskless workers.
Company culture and employee appreciation are very important to us, which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Inc. Magazine and Built in LA.
Interested in learning more?
- $36M Series B: https://www.onupkeep.com/blog/upkeep-series-b-funding-announcement/
- Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7Lak7o0qI
- Customer Reviews: https://www.capterra.com/p/145635/UpKeep/
- Website: www.onupkeep.com
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Why you should join UpKeep
We're taking the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology.
Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the leading Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first! UpKeep currently employs 70 amazing people that work together to ensure over 200,000 global users achieve their goals! We've been named the #1 Facility Management Software by Gartner & GetApp, #1 for Usability by Software Advice, and Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd. We've also been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world including Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, Battery Ventures, and Bain Capital. Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are actively investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We are a Y Combinator-backed company (YC W17)
Visit our website to learn more and view our current job openings! https://www.onupkeep.com/