Senior Software Engineer at Vanta
About the role
Our Senior Software Engineers lead and mentor engineers, delivering high-impact product and infrastructure projects at a hypergrowth company that has found product-market fit and is scaling quickly.
Vanta provides a security solution at scale for hundreds of companies that trust us with their most important data. We integrate deeply with our customers’ SaaS providers, infrastructure, and employee laptops to analyze the relationships with that data and surface potential security threats in real time. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be responsible for setting technical direction to enable our product and infrastructure to scale with our business, driving complex projects across our technical stack, and mentoring our talented engineering team.
Today, joining Vanta as an engineer means seeing all parts of the business, growing and developing our team, shaping Vanta's culture from the earliest stages, and building core parts of our product and infrastructure that enable us to continue to grow and scale.
No security experience is required, just a passion for our mission to secure the internet and protect consumer data!
- Design, develop, and own new product functionality and/or infrastructure leveraging modern frameworks and tooling (TypeScript, React, Node.js, Golang)
- Mentor and elevate other engineers on the team
- Lead multi-engineer projects, delivering significant impact to our product and/or infrastructure
- Set direction for important technical surface areas
- Interact closely with our customers and customer-facing teammates to build and ship meaningful products
- Play a part in defining Vanta's engineering culture as we grow
- Have at least 5 years of professional work experience as a software engineer and an aptitude for technology
- Have previously mentored engineers, such as either a new-hire buddy, intern or full-time teammate mentor, or technical lead
- Have prior experience with technologies we use, though this isn’t a requirement!
- Be interested in contributing to a growing company beyond your day-to-day responsibilities
Benefits & Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary and equity, as well as transparent compensation practices
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and location
- Remote workspace stipend
- Health and wellness stipend
- Open paid-time off policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Virtual team building activities, lunch and learns, and other company events
For when we’re back in office:
- Generous monthly stipend for Bay Area commute
- New office in sunny Hayes Valley, San Francisco
- Full kitchen + snacks and drinks supply
We started Vanta in 2017 as Equifax had lost every American’s social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers’ credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta’s mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn’t certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.
Why you should join Vanta
Vanta is security-in-a-box for technology companies, covering everything from laptops to infrastructure, and using a suite of simple, effective, and easy-to-deploy tools.
Our organization is very small. We’re good friends and enjoy spending time together. We like others who are excited about making and carrying out their decisions, whether in the code they write or the partnerships they strike.
Here’s a sample of what we look for:
- You enjoy figuring out what to work on and teaching yourself whatever you need in order to get things done
- You enjoy working with a team, and you're also happy working on your own