Senior Product Manager
About the role
Vanta is on a mission to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We do this today by automating security and compliance for hundreds of companies. As a Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with our customers and prospects to understand their needs, translate those needs into a roadmap, and collaborate with a team of engineers and designers to deliver products that improve our customers’ security posture. As we forge into 2021, our Product Managers are the ever-important voice of our users and the owners of our product roadmap.You will play a critical role in shaping Vanta's culture, direction, and product strategy while building the foundational products that will enable us to continue to scale and grow our business. If you are a builder of problem-solving, customer-delighting products who thrives while having impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
- Own and develop the strategy, vision, and roadmap for your product area, driving Vanta's product to successfully scale
- Deeply understand our customers and our market, to build solutions addressing key pain points and opportunities for competitive advantage
- Clearly prioritize product goals, create focus for your teams, and ensure we prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Drive projects from conception through launch, with a focus on consistent execution and stakeholder collaboration
- Partner with engineering, design, and other product managers and business-owners to deliver valuable solutions for our customers
- Help to define and shape Vanta's product team culture as we grow
- Have 5+ years of product management experience at a high-growth, scaling company
- Possess a strong sense of technical acumen, or familiarity with technical products, particularly in the security or cloud infrastructure space
- Be deeply curious, empathetic, and user-centric, with a knack for driving effective collaboration amongst your stakeholders
- Have an ability to balance strategic product planning with consistent execution and project management
- Have an interest in building product culture at a growing, product-driven company
Benefits & Perks:
- Industry-competitive salary and equity, as well as transparent compensation practices
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible work hours and location
- Remote workspace stipend
- Health and wellness stipend
- Open paid-time off policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Virtual team building activities, lunch and learns, and other company events
For when we’re back in office:
- Generous monthly stipend for Bay Area commute
- New office in sunny Hayes Valley, San Francisco
- Full kitchen + snacks and drinks supply
We started Vanta in 2017 as Equifax had lost every American’s social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers’ credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta’s mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn’t certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.
Why you should join Vanta
Vanta is security-in-a-box for technology companies, covering everything from laptops to infrastructure, and using a suite of simple, effective, and easy-to-deploy tools.
Our organization is very small. We’re good friends and enjoy spending time together. We like others who are excited about making and carrying out their decisions, whether in the code they write or the partnerships they strike.
Here’s a sample of what we look for:
- You enjoy figuring out what to work on and teaching yourself whatever you need in order to get things done
- You enjoy working with a team, and you're also happy working on your own