R&D Biomedical Engineer at Vena Vitals
About the role
Vena Vitals is on a mission to transform patient care through better cardiovascular monitoring. We make a small wearable device that monitors blood pressure continuously. Unlike other BP monitors that only take a snapshot in time, we record the entire dynamic movie to track changes that can be life-saving. We're currently running clinical studies in hospitals across the country, and we plan to become the most accurate and actionable cardiovascular monitoring and management system to help improve lives of over a billion patients across the world each year.
Vena Vitals is seeking a R&D Engineer to help develop the next generation of continuous blood pressure monitoring devices, with the following responsibilities:
- Design and conduct experimental plans (noninvasive human subject testing) to either test new prototypes, optimize product components, or enhance fabrication processes. May need to build or prototype new testing fixtures
- Conduct data analysis to draw meaningful and objective conclusions from experimental results
- Perform troubleshooting on new challenging and/or ambiguous engineering problems as related to design, material, or process
- Develop new SOPs and modify existing ones for lab equipment, fabrication processes, and test procedures
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Reports directly to the CTO
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in biomedical engineering or related engineering field
- Experience working in a scientific environment and independently conducting experiments (student research positions in labs acceptable)
- Experience in the practical application of statistics
- Experience in computer programming for data analysis (e.g., Matlab, Python)
- Experience with prototyping tools (including but not limited to FDM or SLA 3D printing, laser cutting, CNC, or drill press)
- Experience in writing computer programming to control lab instrumentation
- Expected to perform well in a fast-paced environment, to execute on the tasks assigned, to meet the production deadlines and, at the same time, to explore independently new innovative ideas
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
Why you should join Vena Vitals
Vena Vitals makes a small sticker that monitors blood pressure continuously. We've shown that it works in the operating room and is as accurate as the best tools doctors have today, at a fraction of the cost. We're a team of health tech scientists with multiple past startups and exits, and we've built products that have scaled to over 2M users.