Vorticity is a leader in delivering performant and efficient Scientific Computing solutions by reimagining the entire stack - from optimized software kernels and distributed compute orchestration to processor architecture and system design. Our proven technology is already helping the energy, life sciences and aerospace industries. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Technical Sales Representative to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of technical products and services, as well as the ability to build relationships with customers and close deals.
This is a combined technical and business development role. You will own and drive growth with customers by leveraging both relationship management skills and technical credibility to engage and communicate at all levels and with various stakeholders across the customers’ organizations. You will become a proficient practitioner across the Vorticity portfolio of solutions, adept at demonstrating their value and on-boarding customers to utilize the products efficiently.
The impact you will have:
- Identify new business/project opportunities for Vorticity products and technology solutions in Scientific Computing use-cases.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers. Define the technical account strategy and investment plan across the breadth of Use Cases. Drive the customer adoption funnel from Demo, PoC, and Win to Production (scale deployment). Negotiate contracts and close deals with customers and partners.
- Provide technical support to customers. Be the first point of contact and resolution for technical issues and the accountable technical leader to drive customer onboarding, enablement, and go-live of Vorticity-based solutions, resulting in deployment success and consumption growth of the respective workloads
- Understand the spectrum of customers’ Use Cases, and communicate with internal Product Teams to shape the roadmap of current and future product offerings. Be the “voice of the customer” and develop strategies to accelerate adoption and scale deployments of key use cases across customers.
What we look for:
- BS/MS/PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or other Engineering/Physical Sciences fields, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with customer-facing pre-sales (e.g. Solutions Architect, Solutions Engineer, and/or Sales Engineer), technical architecture, customer success, or consulting role including consistent track record of excelling against Quota targets
- Ability to develop and execute Proof of Concept and demos. Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain scientific computing topics, and occasionally write/debug code to accelerate customer adoption of the Vorticity toolkit.
- Strong problem solving skills coupled with customer-facing communication skills
- A proven understanding of cloud computing and large-scale computing systems. Experience with Cloud platforms and tools (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Practical knowledge of data science (i.e. adapting a model architecture for a specific use case rather than creating a brand new one)
- Proficiency in Linux and Python, C, or C++
- System level understanding of Compute Platforms & Hardware Accelerators (incl. GPU, FPGA, etc.), Server platform architecture, DevOps, Cloud services
- Ability to communicate your ideas/code clearly through documents, presentation etc
- Experience managing multiple projects at once, and engaging a virtual team of subject matter experts to address any onboarding or technical challenges
- Stakeholder management - experience in effectively engaging and influencing a variety of audiences (technical, non technical) at all levels of an organization (CxO to developer)
- Executive escalation management - experience in resolving complex and critical escalation with senior customer and internal executives
- Building and steering to a value case - managing delivery of complex programmes/projects and business value consulting
- Ability to Travel up to 50% of the time
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on our customers’ and the company's success