Senior Software Engineer, Customer Experience at Vouch
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri).
What you will contribute:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us on the Customer Experience team. Our team builds all our customer-facing apps including our onboarding flow for new customers, quotes for insurance packages, renewals flow for existing customers, and member portal tools. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute highly impactful, customer-facing code and help to shape fundamental aspects of our codebase and engineering culture.
Your daily role will be to:
- Design, build, and maintain full-stack, customer-facing features to power our insurance application and partnership integrations
- Work on the core front-end infrastructure for our Customer Experience
- Collaborate with team members on priorities and technical specifications
- Participate in brainstorming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and team game times!
What we look for in a candidate:
Our engineers must have exceptional empathy skills and high EQ. You’ll need to be able to effectively and compassionately speak with and listen to engineers, designers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders. Our core mission is our customer experience, so we love to see a passion for developing customer facing apps and features.
You’ll need to have:
- Expertise in developing production apps in either Vue or React
- Advanced proficiency in either Node/TypeScript or Ruby
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices and concepts such as SOA, testing practices, code reviews, feature flags, etc.
Stack we use:
- React, Vue, GraphQL, TypeScript, Node, Ruby/Rails, PostgreSQL
- CircleCI, Docker, LogRocket, Rollbar, Datadog, LaunchDarkly
- Cypress, Jest, RSpec
- AWS (Lambdas, SQS, ECS, etc) and Netlify
- GitHub, Asana, Lucidchart, Miro, Sketch, Figma
Why you might want to join our team:
You enjoy building impactful applications in a quick-moving, supportive environment. Active learning through retrospectives and collaboration in a warm, high-trust culture motivate you to bring your whole self to work and grow as a person. Changing a broken industry by enabling entrepreneurs and founders to have delightful experiences with insurance excites you.
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, reach out to us by applying and we’ll get in touch with next steps!
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.