Data Analytics Engineer
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes data and gets excited about data warehouses, building novel data sets, and maintaining data quality. You will have the opportunity to quickly contribute critical to Vouch’s data assets and help to shape fundamental aspects of our data-driven culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with our sales, marketing, product, and insurance teams to design and build data sets to drive Vouch’s business
- Setting up and maintaining timely and reliable ingestion of external data sources via our data loading platforms.
- Clearly documenting data models with source, description, and field definitions for better collaboration, maintainability, and usability.
- Establishing engineering best practices and methodologies to ensure data transformations and computations are accurate, efficient, and tested.
- Working with dbt, Snowflake, Airflow, Python, Stitch, and git, and we welcome new ideas.
- 3+ years experience developing ETL workflows as a data analytics engineer, data engineer, or data analyst
- Expert in SQL, capable in Python, and experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker, Mode Analytics or Tableau
- Experience building business reporting processes (e.g. for finance, sales, or business operations)
- Uses software development best practices with a focus on testing, reliability and maintainability
- Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Experience with data transformation tooling (dbt is preferred), data pipeline services like Stitch and Fivetran, and orchestration tools like Airflow
- You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, designers, executives, and other stakeholders.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building executive level slide decks
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.