Startup Ecosystem Manager at Vouch
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Linked, which means that team members must live within a 2-3 hour commute from one of our main hubs (NYC, SF, or Chicago) and be able to come into an office on an as-needed basis easily. We expect team members will be collaborating in person on average 3-4 days per month. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
- Act as the DRI (directly responsible individual) for key accelerator and community partnerships
- Cultivate relationships with founders, investors, and key partners within the startup ecosystem
- Represent Vouch at key ecosystem events locally and nationally and evangelize Vouch with early stage founders
- Develop and execute the playbooks that define partnership goals, priorities, and activation efforts
- Work closely with partnership counterparts and internal stakeholders on marketing, sales, and event activities to drive penetration
- Experiment and measure the efficacy of new activation strategies and tactics geared towards deepening partner engagement and customer acquisition
- Collaborate with operations to perform monthly/quarterly business reporting and review with external partners
- Evaluate new business development and partnership opportunities on an ongoing basis
- 6+ years of experience in partnerships, Biz Dev, VC/Platform, sales, or as a startup founder or operator
- Background in managing key relationships across internal and external stakeholders
- Lives and breathes the startup ecosystem, passionate about helping founders succeed
- Excels in creating and owning a strategy/vision and going above and beyond to execute on the playbook
- Brings new ideas and strategies to the table to experiment with different activation tactics
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex insurance concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive, dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations; thrives in a high growth startup environment
- Experience working with product, marketing, and sales teams to drive product adoption
Nice to have:
- Has management complex partnerships within the startup ecosystem previously
- A background in insurance or other regulated categories
- A network in the startup ecosystem with founders, funders, and potential partners
- Analytical bent, SQL/Snowflake for data insights and reporting
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.