About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high-growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
This role incorporates a wide level of expertise but always assumes the broker is capable of handling accounts independently. The size and complexity of the account can vary. The role will focus on Professional Lines. You must demonstrate knowledge of Cyber, Tech E/O, Directors & Officers, Employment Practices, Crime, and Fiduciary.
As a member of the Placements team, you will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating information to assess client risks. You will act as the day-to-day broker & Team Lead, utilizing placement expertise to enhance revenue, impact retention and help close pending business opportunities. Typically negotiating terms and conditions of coverage on behalf of the client. More experienced brokers may be responsible for training and supervising Associate Brokers as we scale and hire within the team. The Team Lead for Placements is also responsible to ensure that relevant regulatory and technical standards are met.
We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for our customers. Some of our best customer feedback is about our amazing customer experience and service. You’ll be responsible for helping us scale that reputation.
- Orchestrate new business placement, renewals, and alterations of existing coverage.
- Process Policies and Endorsements on both carrier and agency management systems, documenting and issuing all relevant documentation.
- Review and evaluate information and analytics to assess and evaluate client risks to support the placement of client risks in the insurance market.
- Oversee design and preparation of draft proposals; negotiate and finalize carrier quotes, terms and conditions, and coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty.
- Bind carrier quotes and reviews binders and coverage confirmations.
- Responsible for project assignments as directed by management and work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Develops business relationships with retail producers, underwriters, and other carrier contacts.
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Minimum of 7+ years of insurance experience in a client-facing role (e.g., Insurance Broker, Underwriting or Professional Lines, Account Management)
- Specializes in services for financial and management liability risks. (e.g., D&O liability, Employment Practices Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Crime, to external threats, like cyberattacks and terrorism.)
- Relationship management: Customer focus, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, and conflict management. Demonstrates shared ownership of resolution of conflicts.
- Negotiation skills: Carrier and client negotiation skills. Can secure concessions without damaging relationships.
- Background in managing a portfolio of customers
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field
- P&C License required (Exception: if you have a strong PL underwriting background)
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Insurance industry designations preferred but not required (CPCU, ARM, CIC, CRM)
- Global insurance and/or business experience highly desirable
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.