Senior DevOps Engineer
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
Vouch is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team. In this role, you will be building and delivering very-reliable systems infrastructure that drives the insurance experience of thousands of high-growth start-ups.
- Own architecture design and implementation of AWS infrastructure at Vouch *Automate all infrastructure provisioning w/ Terraform and maintain CI/CD pipeline for infrastructure changes
- Manage Vouch DNS, network, and load-balancing infrastructure
- Engage directly with software engineering teams to deliver reusable patterns that enable easy, consistent application deployment in AWS
- Lead the conversation around AWS infrastructure and security best practices
- Deliver flexible, cost-effective infrastructure and scaling patterns
- Manage the logging, monitoring, and alerting systems of our applications
- 5+ years of AWS infrastructure development w/ emphasis on infrastructure as code and provisioning/updating automation (preferably w/ Terraform)
- Proficient w/ Linux systems administration, network configuration, and shell scripting
- Expertise w/ Linux system containerization using Docker
- Proficient software development with Git, and Python or NodeJS
- Experience w/ micro-services or services-orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Exceptional communication skills. You can effectively talk (and listen) to engineers, product managers, executives, and other stakeholders.
Nice to have:
- Experience delivering reusable software libraries/packages to enable easier use and adoption of infrastructure patterns and systems
- Extensive experience debugging problems w/ distributed systems and networks
- Familiarity with SSO integration
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL RDBMS administration on AWS RDS
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.