Senior Financial Analyst at Vouch
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Office Linked, which means that team members must live within a 2-3 hour commute from one of our main offices (SF or Chicago) and be able to easily come into the office on an as-needed basis. We expect team members will be in the office on average 3-4 days per month. However, due to Covid, we are promoting flexibility with this structure and currently encourage folks to stay home if they feel more comfortable.
As a Senior Financial Analyst at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to assist in building foundational financial processes, models, and tools that will allow us to grow and scale into the future.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves a challenge; who can pick-up unstructured tasks or projects and run with them to the finish line, someone who is comfortable in excel and dealing with large data sets as well as challenge results and dig into anomalies. Prior Insurance experience is preferred but not required, someone with the drive to learn a new industry would be a great asset and contribute a unique perspective.
- Works closely with finance leadership to develop long-term financial and operating models, including revenue and expense forecasting models
- Enhances the monthly management reporting framework to measure, monitor, and analyze financial results
- Creates and owns relevant business KPIs, including the design of new reports and dashboards to provide innovative information to leadership
- Recommends and implements process improvements for financial reporting and analysis
- Conducts ad-hoc financial analysis for critical business decision points
- Drives the annual planning process, operating plans, and re-forecasting efforts
- Organizes and manipulates quantitative data to identify and explain trends
- Develops and maintains financial models with sensitivity analyses around internal and external factors
- Partners with accounting to complete monthly close activities
- Current financial professional with 2-4 years of experience in insurance, investment banking, or other corporate financial planning & analysis
- Excellent financial modeling and data analytics skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Process and results-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Experience in an insurance industry carrier, agency, or broker
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, and/or data visualization tools
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.