Business Recruiter (Remote Friendly) at Vouch
About the role
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch has a 3-HQ model: Office-Based, Office-Linked, and Remote-First. This role is Remote-First, which means that team members can work from anywhere in the U.S. so long as they can work during Vouch core collaboration hours (9 am-3 pm PT Mon-Fri). ** Although this role is considered Remote, we prefer having this candidate be based in either the Central or Eastern time zones where most of the support and hiring will be based.
Vouch is looking for a Business Recruiter to help us accelerate our growth as we aim to grow the Vouch team to ~250 over the next year! In this role, you will partner with the Vouch leadership team to fill various positions with different levels of complexity that span across our Go to Market and Insurance Operations teams. In addition to sourcing, interviewing, and closing great candidates, you'll get a chance to improve upon our recruiting strategy, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from the first introduction through to their onboarding. In addition to recruiting, our team is currently working on exciting projects from University and Intern programs, Employer Branding, and tools and partnerships implementations. We are looking for a recruiter who is passionate about building a great candidate experience, is data-driven with a focus on DEI initiatives, and values a true partnership with internal stakeholders to bring world-class talent to the Vouch team. This role will report to our Business Recruiting Manager alongside one other Recruiter and one Recruiting Coordinator.
Here's what you'll do:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for non-technical roles (Sales, Success, and Insurance Operations)
- Identify and engage unique and/or passive candidates through creative sourcing techniques, leveraging LinkedIn * Recruiter and other sourcing partners
- Regularly manage pipeline activity, maintain ATS (Greenhouse) data integrity, and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders
- Plan and execute recruiting events and campaigns that attract top talent
- Partner closely with hiring managers to understand teams, prioritize hiring needs, and build a seamless interview process that helps us bring the best candidates to our teams
- Work closely with cross-functional teams like People Ops, HR, Finance, and Legal to deliver a high-quality and holistic candidate experience
- Ensure that all roles are managed from end to end, adhering to our processes
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing any new procedures and fine-tuning standard processes for recruiting
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience in a fast-growth, dynamic environment and managing multiple pipelines/priorities
- 3+ years of overall work experience with 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Success record of high volume sourcing and consistently achieving hiring goals
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience partnering closely with hiring managers to consistently improve the hiring process
- Passion for building diverse teams
- Working knowledge of Greenhouse or similar ATS
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Why you should join Vouch
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.