Product Designer - Magician at Walrus
About the role
We believe there are few levers as powerful as design by which we can impact a product, a company, or the world. We are looking for a Magician UI/UX designer who can wave their Elder wand and charm us with their spells.
Who we are looking for:
- Battle-hardened designer who has 4+ years of experience in designing products in product-first companies and has a strong portfolio
- Someone who has weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what's most likely to go afoul at each stage.
- Someone who believes in craftsmanship and creates elegant and compelling designs, over and over.
- Has a strong affinity for crazy ideas over safe ones
- Substantially contributes to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'
What you’ll do:
- You will lead the UI/UX design and play a major part in strengthening the design-centered culture in the company.
- Develop and conceptualize a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy in collaboration with product managers and designers for the app.
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design.
Not required but what helps:
- Likes to have fun in the workplace. We work hard, but we don't want people to feel like that.
- Enjoys their poison… nothing like a cold beer down the pub after work on a Friday.
- Complete independence to design and execute stupid ideas brilliantly
- Opportunity to build your own team and make an impact for the next billion in fintech
- An open and collaborative work culture with a flat structure
- Competitive salary and equity
- A pet-friendly workspace and tonnes of fun with our office cat, Shera!
Why you should join Walrus
We are building the bank account young Indians deserve and need. We are a small, energetic, and crazy team with a single focus on making banking a fun experience for our customers. Our motto - execute stupid ideas seriously