Head of Talent at Wefunder
About the role
We've funded over 600 startups: from flying cars to Hollywood studios. We’re now growing 20% month over month, and expect to double the size of our team in the next six months. We need someone to recruit, on-board, and indoctrinate the badass folks who are going to help us scale next year.
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE
Our dream candidate has the hunger to achieve something great. Experience is not as important. Drive is. You'll join a startup experiencing rapid growth near the start of it all. You'll get as much out of the experience as you put into it. We want someone who will do whatever it takes - not just to help Wefunder fix capitalism faster, but because you are in a hurry to have an impact.
Beyond that, our dream candidate is a founder-type who can talk to anyone and understand what drives them. You know how to read people, and how to communicate Wefunder’s values. Experience recruiting is a plus.
We’re hiring for a dozen roles in the next few months, and you’ll be responsible for finding, vetting, and on-boarding those people. Our future team will be shaped by you; no pressure!
- Spot raw talent. Every tool is at your disposal - just find the right people.
- Vet them. Your job is to safeguard the soul of our culture. These are our values; you’ll internalize them and understand whether others can too.
- Onboard new team members. You’ll be the first line of defense for onboarding. We’re doubling in size, and want to preserve our team’s culture as we grow; you’ll figure out how to do that.
- Keep the team happy & productive. We're looking for someone who will proactively figure out how to make the team around them more productive.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We're more concerned with your drive and hunger than your experience. We invest in potential. If you are a quick learner and super-motivated, we'll help teach you, and the sky's the limit for how far you can rise.
Here are some skills we think are important:
- Strong people skills. You’ll represent our team and mission externally. You need to effectively communicate our values and discern who matches them in an interaction as short as an email.
- Organization and attention to detail. We can't stress this enough. You'll create the systems that streamlines everything. You must be the person who doesn't let the balls drop.
- Independent problem solver. We want someone who's able to tackle difficult problems on their own and proactively looks for new ways to improve Wefunder. In other words, you can just figure it out.
- Prioritize efficiently. You'll be juggling a thousand things at once. Be able to recognize which tasks are most important and get those done.
- Responsible & accountable. If you say you will do it, you do it.
- Bonus. Extra points for recruiting experience; speed of execution at ramp-up; working with a sense of humor; and an overarching desire to crush it at whatever you do.
- Market-rate salaries and stock options.
- Unlimited vacation days (mandatory 3 weeks off).
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- All-expense paid Wefunder vacation. We’ve taken three train trips across the country.
- Apple equipment. Whatever you want.
- Lots of free food and drinks.
- Reimbursement for classes and conferences.
Apply Email firstname.lastname@example.org with why you'd like to work for us. Brownie points: include a survival skill you'd offer the team in a post-apocalyptic world.
On May 16, 2016, it became legal for regular people to invest as little as $100 in startups and small businesses. Since then, we have become the largest equity crowdfunding platform. We've helped over 600 startups and small businesses – including flying cars, space rockets, breweries, Hollywood studios, and potential Ebola cures – raise over $250 million.
We're a Public Benefit Corporation with a mission to revitalize capitalism and keep the American dream alive. GDP growth is slowing. Wealth inequality is increasing. Entrepreneurship is dying across America; falling from 10.6% to 3.6% among those under 30 since 1989. We're reversing these trends by funding more deserving businesses across all of America, not solely tech startups in Silicon Valley.
Want to help? Join us! We're a team of founder types: enjoy autonomy, responsibility, the opportunity to learn, and no red tape. Just make it happen. Open jobs: https://wefunder.com/jobs Wefunder's story: https://wefunder.com/wefunder Our Public Benefit Corp mission: https://wefunder.com/charter
Why you should join Wefunder
We’re like Kickstarter for investing. We’re the largest platform for Regulation Crowdfunding (which was legalized a year ago), funding $55 million from ~150,000 investors. We’re now doubling our engineering team to handle the growth. Trying to keep up!
We’re also a public benefit corporation with a mission of saving the American Dream (https://wefunder.com/charter). Our aim is to sprinkle the Silicon Valley fairy dust across the rest of the country, which often don’t have the same opportunities we take for granted.