Sales Engineer at Welcome
About the role
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re a well-funded Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Within three month of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund.
A day in the life:
- Educate prospects on Welcome solutions by providing a consultative, best practices approach, including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Deploy integrations between Welcome and customers’ sales & marketing automation software systems like Salesforce and HubSpot
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and become effective in differentiating Welcome
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects to Sales and Marketing teams
- Work closely with the Account Executives to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements, including an understanding of Welcome’s security posture and infrastructure
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition
- Lead initiatives to facilitate smoother and faster sales cycles, as well as higher win rates
- 3+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience in a relevant market
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Functional level of programming skill, including knowledge of SQL and REST APIs
- Ability to speak to a non-technical audience about computer networking and security principles
- Experience using automation platforms like Tray.io, Zapier, Workato, IFTTT is a strong plus
- Comfortable with consultative presentation to C-level business executives, as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience
- Sales methodology and solution selling training a plus
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups to accomplish a task
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, written, and organizational skills, with a passion for winning
Our investment in you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health insurance for full-time employees
- Fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line Macbook Pro
- $2,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop)
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun
- Opportunity to work with some of tech’s best talent and to learn and grow
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.
Why you should join Welcome
Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.