Business Development Representative
About the role
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re a well-funded Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Within three month of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. We are growing incredibly fast and are looking for a few key sales hires to help keep up with the demand and play pivotal roles in scheduling discovery calls and assisting in closing revenue.
Imagine working on a world-class team where:
- A single non-sales founder closed over 400k in ARR in 2 months
- Deals are closed in 3-4 weeks which is half the industry average
- Welcome is established as the number one leader in one of the hottest markets now (Virtual Events) and for years to come
- We skipped a Seed Round and closed a Series A round of 11 million dollars, led by one of the top VC’s on the planet.
A day in the life:
- Calling inbound leads and scheduling discovery calls.
- Outbound prospecting, which entails finding, pre-qualifying and scheduling discovery calls for account executives.
- Qualifying leads by understanding customer pain points and conveying how our solution will help.
- Handling and overcoming any and all stalls or objections.
- Being coachable and actively seeking out feedback and improvement.
- Providing an exceptional and customer-centric experience that allows you to set the bar for the rest of the customer's experience with Welcome.
- Becoming an expert in our CRM and making sure pipelines and activities are consistently up-to-date and accurate to the highest level attention and detail.
- Working with Account Executives, Marketing and Client Success to deliver a consistent brand experience with every lead.
- Tracking and relaying customer requirements to product teams.
- Most importantly, bringing your energy and having fun!
What we are looking for:
- You are a business athlete who wants to join a championship team of high-caliber talent, focused and diligent to get the win.
- You have empathy for the customer and can add value to them through the product. You care deeply about the success of each customer, their clients and your teammates.
- You are passionate about bringing people together through high-quality virtual events, and you find fulfillment in the convening of people.
- You are the first point of contact for the prospect so you will lay the foundation for the expectation and experience of the customer.
You bring the following to the table:
- 1-2 years of sales and/or business development from a SaaS company - including, qualifying, building rapport and scheduling meetings.
- Some experience speaking and presenting to C-level or other key decision-maker relationships. We will train you.
- A growth mindset and complete dedication to mastering the art of selling. We are looking to move you up to an AE position asap.
- Grit and the willingness to do whatever it takes to succeed.
- Being coachable, taking extreme ownership and trusting the process.
- Track record of relevant experience meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel.
Our investment in you:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for full-time employees
- Weekly 1:1 sales coaching
- Fitness & internet reimbursements
- MacBook Pro
- $2,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop)
- A scientifically proven onboarding process that cuts typical ramp time by 75%
- An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and fun
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.
Why you should join Welcome
Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.