Software Engineer, Product at Welcome
About the role
Please apply through Lever: https://jobs.lever.co/welcome/6f991731-2cbe-4d3c-813a-0a93384c9c45
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong product engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The product engineering role at Welcome encompasses scoping, architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build and release products in a way that upholds the luxury quality of our brand.
- Turn ambiguous problems that our users are facing into concrete products, from proposal, to kick-off, to building, and launch, continuing to keep the Welcome experience best-in-class.
- Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve it. Continually leave each of these in a better state than when you found it
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of our products
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and relational database schema design
- Experience building with WebRTC or other audio/video technologies
- Experience building highly concurrent and scalable web applications, understanding of performance from the browser/DOM to the database
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
Our Investments in You
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Fitness, cell phone, and internet reimbursements
- Top-of-the-line work computer
- $2,000 budget to build your dream home office
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world **PLEASE NOTE: We unable to sponsor visas or offer relocation assistance at this time. We are also only able to hire US based candidates.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes we’d love to hear from you.
Why you should join Welcome
Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.