People Operations Manager
About the role
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Andreessen Horowitz, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
About the Role
The People Operations Manager will play a meaningful role both strategically and operationally to build outstanding practices and programs that reinforce our culture and enhance the Whatnot work experience. The People Operations Manager will be a foundational team member of our Human Resources department. They will be responsible for supporting HR operations, and supporting a people-first Culture. This will include areas like policy development and implementation, performance management & training, benefits programs, culture building reporting as well as office experience and operations.
A high energy individual looking to make a positive impact on our team. Strength of personality to instill our culture across the organization as we grow at a rapid pace. A rising leader looking to apply their experience and skills to a high growth start up.
- Policies & Programs: Maintaining and recommending company policies and programs. Policies include but not limited to our Handbook, Leave of Absences, Compliance, EEO reporting and internal related content changes. You are excited by being ahead of the news and following relevant employment and labor law changes to keep us compliant.
- Recruitment: Partner with our Recruiting team to build inclusive job descriptions and provide classification guidance. Provide additional recruiting process support on an ad hoc basis.
- Office Management: Build out and manage exciting venues for our teams to work. Create an environment and programs that make it easy and comfortable to be in office.
- Building Culture: Develop events, initiatives, and programs that spread the Whatnot culture throughout the organization ensuring each employee is maximizing their experience.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Guide and direct leaders and teams to implement initiatives as required by Executive leadership.
- Program Development: Help develop and grow workplace programs such as benefits, performance reviews, development plans and disciplinary reviews.
- Data and Technology: Create meaningful reporting and source the best technology to power our Human Resources organization, our facilities and our People.
- 5+ years of Human Resources / People Operations experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of developing and managing internal HR programs, policies, and processes for scale in a high-growth company.
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail.
- High EQ, comfort with ambiguity, and a "no job too small" mentality.
- Goes without saying, but you must demonstrate the professional maturity to retain and secure sensitive information with objectivity, discretion, and tact.
- Knowledge of Collectibles is a plus.
- Desire to enhance your career.
Top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, unlimited vacation policy, lunch, internet & cell phone expensed, competitive salary, equity.
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz