About the role
As an iOS engineer, you will be responsible rewriting our app from React Native to native iOS using swift. We're looking for a capable iOS engineer with a proven track record for building slick UI's that people love. Whatnot is growing very rapidly, so you must be able to deal with the pressure/growth that comes with a high-growth environment. You will be working in a high-growth startup, wearing multiple hats.
The software team has a lot of individual responsibility and a lot more freedoms, so we need to hire people we can trust. Your ability to make good trade-offs and exercise good judgment is particularly important to us.
- Build intuitive user interfaces from the ground up.
- Create modifiable, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Investigate and solve issues with bugs and data inconsistencies.
- Improve the availability and performance of current systems.
- Work with the engineering team to define implementation strategy, define overall requirements, and redefine a product, if needed.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience writing iOS apps
- Expert in Swift or Objective C
- You are known for ship lightning fast, making good trade-off decisions.
- Excellent communication/writing skills.
- Self-starter. You will be able to hit the ground running with little direction.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company.
- Integrating Live Video Streaming with the app
- Can also build Android Apps
- Backend development experience in languages such as Python, Elixir.
- GraphQL/Apollo experience
Full-time and benefits (top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, unlimited vacation policy, lunch, internet & cell phone expensed, highly competitive compensation, equity)
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz