Mobile QA Tester
About the role
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
As the Mobile QA Tester, you will work to deliver high quality applications and be responsible for the execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests on a variety of projects in a fast paced and fulfilling environment. This is a hands-on QA position with tasks including test planning, manual testing, bug logging, and verification. This role will include collaboratively working as part of the development team and other departments within the organization.
- Drive Quality Engineering efforts for product releases
- Write and execute test plans; perform manual testing of our iOS and Android apps
- Drive incident prioritization and work cross-functionally with other members within the team.
- Find and report bugs and defects with detailed, accurate, and concise steps to reproduce
- 3+ years hand-on industry experience with manual testing
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to engineers and other team members
- Experience in writing and maintaining test cases for mobile applications
- Knowledge of 1 or more programming languages
- Experience with automated testing
- Understanding of and previous experience in testing APIs
- Familiarity with Xcode, Android Studio, and mobile emulators
Full-time and benefits (top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, unlimited vacation policy, lunch, internet & cell phone expensed, highly competitive compensation, equity)
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz