Software Engineer - Blockchain at Whatnot
About the role
Whatnot is a Livestream shopping and community marketplace where you can geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. If enabling creators to make a living off their passion and building the future of e-commerce gets you excited, please reach out!
We're looking for capable generalist engineers with lots of blockchain experience. The most important skills you’ll need to have are making sound product decisions and shipping high-quality products fast. Because we don’t have product managers, we look for engineers with great product instincts who can own whole projects from start to finish.
The software team has a lot of individual responsibility and many more freedoms, so we need to hire people we can trust. Your ability to make good trade-offs and exercise good judgment is essential to us.
- Deep understanding of NFTs, Ethereum, and blockchain technology.
- Expert level experience with Web3 and Ethereum toolsets (Metamask, Truffle, Hardhat, etc).
- Experience in Solidity and smart contract development and deployment.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- You are known for shipping products and features lightning-fast.
- You’re an excellent problem solver and don’t need to be told exactly what to do.
- Comfortable working across the stack (backend and frontend).
- Ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly.
- Proven track record of delivering features.
- Experience with Cadence on Flow, and other alternative blockchain knowledge and experience.
- Product Management experience.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company.
Compensation: Full-time and benefits (top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, flexible vacation policy, highly competitive compensation, equity).
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz