Head of Talent at Whatnot
About the role
Whatnot is a livestream shopping marketplace where you can geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. Whatnot is the fastest growing marketplace in the US.
About This Role
We're looking for a talent leader to help us rapidly grow our team. You will lead every aspect of the recruiting strategy & execution and help build the recruiting team from the ground up.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the recruiting process across multiple roles and teams
- Create a talent acquisition strategy that delivers excellence across the talent lifecycle, including attracting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding talent
- Define, measure, and optimize KPIs for talent acquisition
- Build Whatnot’s employment brand
- Build and manage Whatnot's recruiting team
- Scale Whatnot fast while maintaining a strong culture and diverse team
- Collaborate with agencies to source senior-level hires
- You have 6+ years of recruiting experience in a high-growth startup environment
- You have 2+ years experience managing and building recruiting teams
- Experience recruiting across many different roles and seniority levels including engineering
- You’re comfortable working across all parts of recruiting and beyond to accomplish the goals you’ve set
- You’re up for the challenge of working at one of the fastest growing companies in the US and ready to move at an incredibly fast pace
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz