Marketing Graphic Designer at Whatnot
About the role
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Andreessen Hororwitz, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Operator Partners and Wonder Ventures.
About the Role
As a marketing graphic designer, you will leverage your skills to collaborate with the marketing team to produce marketing/brand assets. This role is a contract to hire position and will report directly to Armand Wilson. Please submit or link to your portfolio as part of submitting your application for this role!
- Develop and design a variety of materials, both static graphics and motion graphics, to be used as: social assets, website assets, email marketing (newsletters), invitations, advertisements, banners, event assets and other publications.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure a consistent brand perception across all channels.
- Communicate with stakeholders across various departments to ensure that published projects meet expectations.
- Manipulate photos when needed.
- Solve design challenges while adhering to the brand aesthetic.
- Provide multiple solutions based on user
- 2+ years experience working in Graphic or Digital Design related role.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (Preferably Photoshop, Illustrator & Lightroom)
- You have an impressive portfolio demonstrating your ability to visualize typography, layout, color and hierarchy.
- Experience with digital marketing ad design
- Experience with popular paid ad formats
- Great communication skills to be able to articulate your concepts, vision and decision-making.
- Self-sufficient with the ability to multi-task and manage a deadline driven workload.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
- Experience with motion and/or 3D design (After Effects, Framer, C4D, Blender, Maya)
- Copywriting experience
- Interest in Collectibles, Sports, Lifestyle
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz