Software Engineer at Whatnot
About the role
Whatnot is a Livestream shopping and community marketplace where you can geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. If enabling creators to make a living off their passion and building the future of e-commerce gets you excited, please reach out!
We're looking for capable generalist engineers. The most important skills you’ll need to have are making sound product decisions and shipping high-quality products fast. Because we don’t have product managers, we look for engineers with great product instincts who can own whole projects from start to finish.
The software team has a lot of individual responsibility and many more freedoms, so we need to hire people we can trust. Your ability to make good trade-offs and exercise good judgment is essential to us.
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- You are known for shipping products and features lightning-fast.
- You’re an excellent problem solver and don’t need to be told exactly what to do.
- Comfortable working across the stack (backend and frontend).
- Ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly.
- Proven track record of delivering features.
- Product Management experience.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company.
Compensation: Full-time and benefits (top-quality healthcare benefits, generous parental leave, flexible vacation policy, highly competitive compensation, equity).
NOTE: If you are a recruiter or work for a recruiting agency please do not contact us about this job. We will ignore you and it will be a waste of your time. Thank you for your understanding.
Why you should join Whatnot
Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, Wonder Ventures & Andressan Horowitz