Business Development and Strategy (1st Business Hire)
About the role
We're looking for our first business hire to lead customer development, strategy, and success, working directly with the founders to grow the company!
This is a perfect role for a highly ambitious business professional with 2-3 years of experience to spearhead many functions of a fast-growing tech startup. The high-intensity role will allow you to build hard-won experience and the potential to grow into a senior leader as the business scales.
Workbase is an enterprise SaaS start-up for non-technical teams to build custom business apps. Multiple billion-dollar businesses have been built to help enterprises centralize their data, and now we want to expose that data back to different front-line business teams. Workbase is based in San Francisco, and is backed by Y Combinator and top seed investors.
What you'll do:
- Work alongside founders to build the business side of Workbase
- Lead customer development efforts, including researching prospects, running campaigns, and measuring results
- Serve as a conduit for making existing customers successful, ranging from solutions implementation to product feedback
- Run ad-hoc strategy projects related to customer discovery, product development, market research, and financial analysis
What you'll get:
- Intense hands-on experience in building many pillars of a tech start-up
- Daily exposure to a market (enterprise SaaS) that yields highly transferrable expertise
- Potential to grow into a leadership role at a scaling company
- Access to great early-stage networks (incl. investors) in Silicon Valley
- Salary and health benefits
What you may bring:
- 2-3 years of experience in sales development, customer success, or management consulting
- Excitement to work in a high-intensity environment and grow with the company
- Ability to stay organized across many competing priorities
Why you should join Workbase
Workbase is a generalizable data platform for go-to-market teams. Our product is used by account managers, customer success managers, support teams, and growth marketers at B2B companies. We help them better understand their customers and coordinate the work needed to serve customers at scale.
Every B2B business serves customers in their own unique way: this makes generic off-the-shelf software obsolete. We’re inventing new tooling that enables companies to stand up custom apps used by front-line business teams.
When working on similar internal tools at companies like Segment, we saw first-hand that proactively managing the customer journey could increase net retained revenue by as much as 20 percent.