Product Manager at WorkPay
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. The Product Manager will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager (Ideally in SaaS product environment)
- An eye for modern design and usability
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Ownership mentality and Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Support in cross-functional product process (Marketing, Sales, CX, Product)
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Share responsibilities within the product team including release management and company-wide communication
- Keep the engineering team focused and work together on building solutions to customer needs.
- Take part in building existing & new products from ideation to launch
Why you should join WorkPay
WorkPay provides SMBs in Africa with tools for time tracking, payroll processing, and salary disbursement to banks and mobile wallets.